1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. Kroxigor Question

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Tactics' started by matt-auton, May 16, 2015.

1. matt-auton
    Skink

matt-auton New Member

Hey I have received my 2 kroxigors and I know I need to get another one for a unit.
    But what would be better to do?
    1. Use them as a single unit
    2. Use them behind a skunk unit?

Any advice is greatly appreciated

n810 and spawning of Bob like this.
  2. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

Pinktaco Vessel of the Old Ones Staff Member

a unit of skunk? Sounds interesting.

Anyway I prefer them as a special unit. You can, however, use them in small skrox (skink) units to disrupt ranks and all kinds of shenanigans.

airjamy likes this.
  3. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

I prefer pure Kroxigor units over skrox units. Skinks bleed combat resolution, and enemy models in base-2-base can choose whom they wish to attack. So if you're facing a feeble unit, they strike the skinks to rack up combat resolution. Alternatively, if you're facing an elite unit, they can target and kill the few kroxigor you have in the unit before the Krox can strike.

For a great tactica on Kroxigor check this out...
    http://www.lustria-online.com/threads/revised-kroxigor-tactica.15424/

Scalenex and owain_b like this.
  4. Qupakoco
    Skink Chief

Qupakoco Keeper of the Dice Staff Member

I really like a unit of 2 Krox with 22+ Skinks. I would try it out a few times before you get another Krox just so you have the experience.

Plus it looks really cool. It's one of the defining features of a Lizardmen army that GW has thankfully kept in one form or another.

5. matt-auton
    Skink

matt-auton New Member

Haha bloody spell check on phone is the bane of my life.
    Thanks for advice I think I am going to go with the kroxigors as their own unit

Pinktaco likes this.
  6. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

They're a great looking unit on the battlefield. Target selection is extremely key with Kroxigors. Put them in the right target and they will perform very well, but put them into the wrong unit and they are a complete waste of points.

Any idea what sized unit you're interested in?

7. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

I would recommend buying two more Kroxigor. I have had much better success with units of four Kroxigor than units of 3. Kroxigor have ASL so it's pretty common to lose a model before you get to attack. 4 Kroxigor can afford to lose a model and still hit back pretty hard. Also a 2x2 Kroxigor square has a fairly small footprint and works with most army builds. It's all in the link Nighbringer showed. Nightbringer said it was a "great tactica" and he doesn't say that about just anything written by me, okay may he does but he's still right.

airjamy and NIGHTBRINGER like this.
  8. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

All the tactica articles you've prepared have been really great. They're a huge benefit to our Lustrian community.

airjamy likes this.
  9. matt-auton
    Skink

matt-auton New Member

Well atm I have a 1000 point army but haven't included the 2 kroxigor or the stegadon in that so I'm guessing at least 1500