1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

9th Age Let's all create a great saurian hero!

Discussion in 'Fluff and Stories' started by Quo'tulu, Aug 31, 2017.

1. Quo'tulu
    Jungle Swarm

Quo'tulu New Member

so, this is how it will work:
    We choose a base concept for an saurian ancient Hero from the army list. Then we give him a name and describe his appearance.
    Next, we will talk about his special deed(s) and features that make him special an different.
    We should discuss why he's like that.
    and finally, we'll try to write some crunch for him.
    I'll start!

I was thinking about a saurian warlord pirate. He wanders around the great ocean attacking men that stole artefacts or just plunder merchants with gold. that's all I can think off.

2. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

Okay we need to get the ball rolling on this!

You probably want your character to live, so you don't want writing the whole story.

If you have specific ideas for what you want the model to look like or what powers you want him to have, we need to figure out what we want him to have to now, so we can figure out how to give him skills, abilities, and unique items now, so we can put them organically into the story.

If you want him to be a sea-lizard than you either need to A) develop a sea tradition for Saurian Ancients or B) create a backstory that explains how your Saurian Ancient cross trains with a warm blooded group of seafarers.

If there is one thing I like even more than dead characters, it's scrappy underdogs facing long odds. You can get this by having a lizard trying to make his way in warmblood's navy or having a lizard trying to spearhead a new navy for the Saurian Ancients.

Hopefully this will get the ball rolling. What else do you have to add on to this L-O community?

Paradoxical Pacifism likes this.
  3. Y'ttar Scaletail
    Troglodon

Y'ttar Scaletail Well-Known Member

Ugh, it be this sort of thing that I end up creating whole pantheons of gods, nation histories, and fantastical beasts over. :p

Am a bit short on time to be properly invested for the mo, but i'd start with an event to get an idea of the character.

For example: His ship was involved in the battle of Trak's Wrath where his ship (insert name here) notably crippled the Undead ship Bonespite with a brutal broadside followed by a savage boarding action led by (insert character name here) that slew the Vampire commanding the vessel and leaving the ship dead in the water. (Insert character name here) lost an eye/limb in this fight but still continued to lead his ship throughout the rest of the battle where the Undead fleet was routed.

4. The Sauric Ace
    Salamander

The Sauric Ace Well-Known Member

This sounds like a fun idea/challenge, is their much specific background regarding the 9th age saurians yet? If not we'll have to come up with an awful lot of odd sounding pronouns :p

5. Wolfwerty33
    Cold One

Wolfwerty33 Active Member

Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
  6. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

Wow... it's been quite some time since this forum has seen some T9A discussion.

7. The Sauric Ace
    Salamander

The Sauric Ace Well-Known Member

It really has stopped quite a bit, but perhaps this is a great way of reviving the overall discussion on the Topic :)

8. Quo'tulu
    Jungle Swarm

Quo'tulu New Member

I was thinking that he and his crew all spawned in the same generation, with full knowledge about sailing the seas.

Paradoxical Pacifism and n810 like this.
  9. Wolfwerty33
    Cold One

Wolfwerty33 Active Member

Pokey pokey.
    Quo'tulu, where you talking about the justification for my idea, or about a different concept entirely?

10. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

I think that's enough of a premise to start.

I'd recommend you try writing something and either post it here for some constructive criticism or alternatively private messages to interested parties.

Or not, if you don't want to, you don't have.

Do what you want because a pirate is free

You ARE a pirate!