1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS List Challenge! - Can you make the best TAC 2k Seraphon army?

Discussion in 'Seraphon Tactics' started by Joshua Horchler, Feb 10, 2017.

1. Drofnum
    Cold One

Drofnum Well-Known Member

Right but you can get that with just one. I would assume the only reason for taking 2 more is the bites part of it, or am i misunderstanding?

Bowser likes this.
  2. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Most likely points, amd they are faster and hit harder than oldblood on foot. Also you can cover more ground with the buffs having 3.

Drofnum likes this.
  3. Drofnum
    Cold One

Thats why I would think throwing a sunblood in there could be beneficial, 20 points more but you can reroll all hit rolls against a specific unit. Useful on a shooting target or something to that effect, although it could simply be more redundant command abilities as well if everything in the army gets hit by the scar vets command ability. The sunblood does allow you to reroll all failed hits and not just 1's though.

Bowser likes this.
  4. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

I was just about to edit my post to say that! Either way it's a great build, and room to tailor it to your own needs.

5. Drofnum
    Cold One

Definitely is, I was just curious on the decision for those is all since i'm planning on going bloodclaw in my league.

Bowser likes this.
  6. Joshua Horchler
    Troglodon

Joshua Horchler Well-Known Member

Coldone Vets can dish out some pain under the Oldblood's buff. I could see making a Sunblood or a Coldone Vet your general along with other the heroes from the Bloodclaw. That way, if and when, the Oldblood dies you can still use a command trait.

I think in his particular list we was going with speed and "alpha" striking. Coldone vets are pretty fast and can charge on the 2nd turn, so I think that was his plan. Also between the rerolls from the Shadowstike starhost and the buff from the Hurricanum, I think most units will be re-rolling 1's and hitting on 2+ or 3+. So that's pretty good!

Bowser and InfamousBeany like this.
  7. Seraphage
    Stegadon

Seraphage Well-Known Member

By the way, you lot with your lists made me order a Hurricanum. I just have to try it out and the model is perfect looking

8. InfamousBeany
    Cold One

InfamousBeany Well-Known Member

I do love the Sunblood, but he is incredibly slow.

The Scar Vets are more there because they are pretty undercosted and can have excellent damage output when in a Bloodclaw.

As @Joshua Horchler correctly stated, you want a single back breaking turn to completely blunt an opponent's momentum. The sunblood just doesn't fit this particularly well. He also can't march, so he would be lagging behind even the saurus warriors.

I do tend to agree with you on the Shadowstrike to a degree, but I was trying to keep the army with a focus on majority Seraphon. Given free reign, I really want to try out the Hammerstrike Force from the Stormcast- it's like an infintely punchier version of our Shadowstrike Starhost.

In defence of the Terradons, all they need to do is generally spit out a maximum of 3 mortal wounds with their rocks to completely get rid of the artillery crew of your choice, and this is what makes them excel in their role. They are to ensure that your Alpha Strike reaches their front line largely untroubled.

The Shadowstrike also nets you another quicksilver potion, which is also important.

Joshua Horchler and Bowser like this.
  9. Joshua Horchler
    Troglodon

Don't you dare add Stormcasts to a Seraphon list :p :p

I see your point. I guess I'm more on the Ripperdactyl team. They can do a lot of what you are asking for, and if they stick around they are more useful than Terradons. That being said smart players with a lot of bubble wrapping can thwart both of our plans.

Terradons IMO are a good example of a slightly underpowered unit that can excel in certain situations and could probably use some buffs to keep up with the AoS powercurve.

Bowser and InfamousBeany like this.
  10. InfamousBeany
    Cold One

InfamousBeany Well-Known Member

What makes the Terradons a perfect fit in this list (I also generally prefer Rippers) is that you can disrupt three units in one turn, whereas the Rippers can only feasibly affect one.

Honestly, just making their rock dropping ability not once per game would go a long way in making them more usable.

Also I'll put Stormcast in whatever I want m8, fite me irl

Bowser, Joshua Horchler and Seraphage like this.
  11. Seraphage
    Stegadon

Loled hard at the quote. Too hard.

Bowser likes this.
  12. Tokek
    Chameleon Skink

Tokek Well-Known Member

Let me try something different - using summoning to bypass the whole issue of having to second-guess what will be on the other side of the table.

Now obviously I realise that there are points-efficiency challenges with summoning so what I have set out to do is build a resilient summoning core with some screening units to keep them in the game long enough to do their work. Then I have attempted to use some of the synergies the Seraphon have to offset other disadvantages of summoning. So while I do not have the classic Rippers apha-strike from the Shadowstrike Starhost I can try to achieve the same thing with summoning followed by the Skink Alpha ability - and maybe augmented by Curse of Fates to pull off the immediate charge.

+ Leader (420pts) +

········Skink Starseer (160pts)

········Slann Starmaster (260pts) Master of Defence, Phoenix Stone

+ Leader/Behemoth (240pts) +

········Engine of the Gods (240pts), Phoenix Stone

+ Behemoth (560pts) +

········Bastiladon (300pts)

········Stegadon (260pts)

+ Artillery (60pts) +

········Salamanders (60pts) [Salamander]

+ Battleline (240pts) +

········Skinks (80pts) [10 Skinks, Alpha, Boltspitters and Star-bucklers]

+ Other (40pts) +

········Skink Handelers (40pts) [3 Skink Handelers]

+ Battalion (120pts) +

········Battalion: Thunderquake Starhost (120pts)

Points left for summoning - 320

Last edited: Feb 18, 2017
    Jason839 and Bowser like this.
  13. Jason839
    Salamander

Jason839 Well-Known Member

I think I like this approach to summoning the most. Games will only last 2-3 turns usually so you only have a couple chances to summon. Keeping the points minimal instead of going for heavy summoning is a nice touch

Bowser likes this.
  14. Joshua Horchler
    Troglodon

I think stegadons are 260 points?

15. Seraphage
    Stegadon

Yep there are. 200 are the troglodons and 240 for the EotG

Bowser likes this.
  16. Tokek
    Chameleon Skink

Tokek Well-Known Member

Good spot, I have fixed it. Less summoning points fits with the theme of the list and the Skink Alpha is sometimes crucial to make that summoning worthwhile.

Bowser likes this.
  17. islyfe
    Jungle Swarm

islyfe New Member

Noob question: how are we mixing units from different order factions while keeping saurus warriors as battleline? thanks!

Bowser likes this.
  18. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Saurus warriors are battleline all the time, guard and knight must be seraphon allegiance.

Ritual, Seraphage and islyfe like this.