1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. Lizardmen Custom Dice?

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Discussion' started by ChandlerGriz, Oct 3, 2012.

1. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

So are there pips pre-drilled on everything but the six? If that's the case I rescind my vote for replacing the one instead of the six. If that's not an issue I'd still like just the ones. I don't want to rain on everyone's parade since the majority is clearly pro-six. I might pay the extra and just make Slann one dice for myself and any oddball who wanted to get in on it it.

Would it be feasible to order modified artillery dice. Granted no one would want more than two but if one person bought a bunch they could sell it to other forumites. If you guys didn't mind someone selling them for commission I would consider buying a large batch of modified artillery dice and parcelling them out.

Finally, I think we should sticky this or at least be ready to bring this back later. If we really are getting a new book in 2013, the traffic on this forum is likely to greatly increase as new people collect LM and previous LM players get more interested and active. I'm guessing interest in custom dice will be high then.

2. Old Mossy
    Bastiladon

Old Mossy Active Member

Quoting for reference from the chessex website:
    @Scalenex: My personal preference is for a bunch of dice with the 6 customised as Sotek glyph (main dice, for desiring 6's), and for 2 leadership dice with the 1 customised to a something (either slann mask or snake eye). In the quote above, it seems to imply that customising 1's, or even 1's and 6's on the same die is totally feasible. Just a matter of asking the question and quote I guess.

For artillery dice, you know I'm in. You'd only need to customize 3 sides. Even if they display only pips instead of numerals, you'd just have to make your own 8 and 10 pip sides.

When do people think we should start looking at launching our order? Given GW's track record on releasing new books, I would not count my chickens before the eggs fossilised. Do we want to start soon (around November), around christmas, or sometime just after christmas (when everyone comes back with their new models/enthusiasm)?

3. T`hinker`er
    Salamander

T`hinker`er Active Member

If you do 1's and 6's then you don't need to have 2 different sets of dice made up. And if you are ordering "leadership" dice, remember you need 3, not 2, because of the cold blooded rule.

On color, the Gemini Purple-Teal/gold are just gorgeous, so that's my color vote!

4. Arli
    Skink Priest

Arli Moderator Staff Member

I love the idea that there will be 3 leadship dice. Maybe it will be possible to get them in a different color than the rest of them.

5. Oldblood89
    Skink

Oldblood89 New Member

Hi everyone, I filled out the survey before. I am just popping in to say HI and that I would be down to buy some dice.

6. Fleetfiend
    Saurus

Fleetfiend Member

I also like the purple and teal as well as the Jade Sarab ones (The purple and teal are the colors I have planned for my army!!!!!!!)

So if we were to get up to five, It would probably be those two and one of the more green ones?

7. forlustria
    Ripperdactil

forlustria Well-Known Member

For the record purple and teal is cool with me goes with my tepok army

8. ChandlerGriz
    Chameleon Skink

ChandlerGriz Member

I popped into my local game store and they have a cube of twelve 16mm teal/purple dice... let me tell you! They look even better in person!!!!!

Ill send the Chessex guy an email about the possibility of custom 6 and 1s but I dont know about the special artillary dice and such. I think the most I would be able to handle organizing would be custom 6s with additional custom 6s and 1s(eye) for Ld tests and such.

With that in mind would we want a custom 6 side on the "snake eyes" dice? or just replace the 1s?

9. Little Wolf
    Saurus

Little Wolf New Member

I love the purple/teal!

10. T`hinker`er
    Salamander

My vote would be customoize the 6 and the 1, rather than have to order a separate set of 3 dice to just use for cold blooded leadership rolls. One die to rule them all...

11. ChandlerGriz
    Chameleon Skink

ChandlerGriz Member

Latest email from Joe at Chessex...

The color he is refering to is the Vortex Green everyone liked initially. But I wouldnt hold your breath waiting for it. The TK forums waited around about two months for a color to come in and ended up ordering something differnt.

So... I say we start discussing 3 colors for the 6s customized and 2 colors for the 1s. Also, Ill need to come up with a jpeg for the snake eye to send to him.

Colors to me dont matter, except Teal/Purple with Gold WILL be included ;) sound off!!!!!! Ill get to work on the eye!

12. T`hinker`er
    Salamander

Is he saying that Gemini Purple-Teal/gold is out of stock? If so, I'd wait until they have that color restocked before ordering.

If we can't get the 6 and the 1 replaced, which sounds like the case, then I'd vote for just the 6.

I would, however, propose a second dice with all 6 sides replaced, of which the 1 would be a snake eye, and of which most of us would be surely willing to order just 3 for leadership tests and special rolls, like rolling 2d6 for terrain and the like.

As you can see, there are 3 different 6-sides custom dice being made right now for the Skaven on the underEmpire, at the cost of $5 each: http://s6.zetaboards.com/The_UnderEmpire/single/?p=8078958&t=8784452

And here is the order form (that we can use as a form as well): http://z6.ifrm.com/4812/86/0/p1020768/The_New_and_Improved_Skaven_Dice_Order_Form.pdf

Are we going to let the Skaven get the better of us? :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

I'd be happy to design the faces of our own 6 sided die. Just say the word.

13. Old Mossy
    Bastiladon

Old Mossy Active Member

I am loving that ivory colour. Would love it for artillery dice or leadership dice.

That order form is a pretty nice template; well ordered. Let's steal it!

I like the idea of an extra fully customised set for special rolls. I'll trawl the book for some possible icons for the other numbers.

Let's have a third set for artillery dice as well. If no one wants to include it in this run, I'll just create another thread, and let it sit until enough people are keen.

Also, T'hinker'er, I'm pretty sure the reference to out-of-stock colours was for the vortex green; the purple/teal was in-stock (right, ChandlerGriz?).

Attached Files:

14. ChandlerGriz
    Chameleon Skink

ChandlerGriz Member

Correct

15. Razordon Tamer
    Jungle Swarm

Razordon Tamer New Member

Sounds interesting and I'm definitely down for some lizardmen dice. :D

16. Arli
    Skink Priest

Arli Moderator Staff Member

I'm in for a set of the purple/teal ones. I would also be willing to get a set of 3 fully customized (if the price was right).

17. T`hinker`er
    Salamander

Yaaaaay! O.K., I'm down for a set of each and every specialized die we come up with :)

18. ChandlerGriz
    Chameleon Skink

ChandlerGriz Member

If Teal/Purple with Gold is the only color we need this will be easy! No other dice in the long list of Chessex dice colors appeals to anyone?

19. Old Mossy
    Bastiladon

Old Mossy Active Member

Purple/gold/teal doesn't really work for me. I'll go with either lustrous, jade, or vortex green.

20. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

Okay you are on. I think you should design our Artillery dice. I don't know what would be an easier to have a grinning Salamander, a generic grinning Dinosaur face for a Razordon or Salamander, a frowning Skink, a Skink with Xs for eyes, a dismembered Skink. You are insinuating you have artistic ability so I will gladly pass the bug on deciding what to draw to you.

I don't know if we need fancy numbers in lieu of regular numbers or not. If you use pips I'd suggest alternating between tiny flames and spikes for stylistic pips. If you go with stylized numbers I'd go with three flaming numbers on 2, 6, and 10 (for Salamanders) and spikey Cactus like numbers on 4 and 8 (for Razordons). Why three for the Salmander and two for the Razordon? Because we tend to use Salamanders more often.