1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

7th Ed. Lizardmen Navy?

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Discussion' started by CylonDorado, Apr 1, 2009.

1. CylonDorado
    Skink

CylonDorado New Member

Ok, I just had my first taste of a (I'm pretty sure) fan made set of rules to cover naval battles. It was Orks on a ship, and Undead on a ship on one team, and me and this other guy on a team with Empire. I was lucky he let me play, it was a lot of fun. But the first question I had was what would a lizardmen navy look like? Is there anything in the fluff that mentions it? And also what do you think it would use to compete with giant ships armed to the teeth with cannons? The first thing that comes to my mind would be some rather primitive looking long boats and such. But then the next thing I imagined was what if they fix something onto a giant sea creature, similar to the thing skinks ride in on a stegadon. That would be pretty cool :smug:.

2. giant stegadon
    Saurus

giant stegadon New Member

The previous book showed the Lizardmen in the South Lands-so they go there some how. From off the top of my head about their ships: they can do stone & metal work, but they don't seem to use chemistry. The new book does point to different huge creatures not in they're army. And I just remembered the part about how the Slaan made an invisible magic bridge for them to help the High Elves once.

Yeah, maybe Im not much help.

3. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Several years ago GW did come out with unnofficial rules for naval battles in a white dwarf, some of the ship models looked great and it looked like fun. It is a bit more complicated than land battles, so it didn't really catch on. They could have been using those rules. Or a modified version of BFG.

I don't know how LM would travel across the sea... I imagine a lot of them could swim, but how could you transport a steg without a very very big ship? As for weapons, I guess they would be limited to the bolt throwers you see on stegadons, that is all the HE's got. There would definitely be some races that have much more superior naval power than others.

4. Revien
    Cold One

Revien New Member

5. jay.sar87
    Skink

jay.sar87 New Member

Does anyone know the edition number? I wouldn't mind checking this out. It would be fun to play!

6. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

It might be 291... It was definitely after 6th ed HE came out, so probably between 2003 and 2006, something like that.

Also, try googling Man O'War. It was an epic scale Naval game made by GW in the late 80's, now out of print. Some info here

7. CylonDorado
    Skink

CylonDorado New Member

I think he said the rules were called something like "Warhammer ahoy" or some such.