1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lizardmen RPG!

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by Nazqua, Nov 24, 2019.

1. Nazqua
    Ripperdactil

Nazqua Well-Known Member

So, After my small poll it turns out alot of people would want to play which is awesome! please keep in mind that this will be a rather slow process and is more like us writing a story than playing a game of D&D/WFRPG. :) We will be starting as a small cohort of lizardmen in a camp of sorts searching an abandoned ruin for artefacts, location-wise, we will be in Lustria, searching the ruined temple of Kara which is near the city of Tlaxtlan, city of the moon!

Alrighty with that said, here are some base rules: (please note that I have used alot of the stats and some of the ideas from this thread - http://lustria-online.com/threads/lizardmen-rpg.3490/ , so thanks to @Craken even though they haven’t logged on for a few years)

1) If you plan on quitting let me know so that your character can leave, or be killed in an interesting way.

2) If you are going to be away for a bit of time let us know, so we can try and work it into the story.

3)don’t try to kill each other or ruin someone else’s time unless you have to. , Infighting is okay but only up to a certain extent.

4) Try and only post what your character is doing. Don't make decisions for others or the environment/ npc’s

5) If you are new after this is set up let me know you want to play through dm’s so that I can find a way to fit you into the story.

6) Please keep OOC chat to a minimum. Anything not in character must be done in the following format, "[out of character talk]"

---------------------------------------

The way this will work is:

We will be using a skill point system, skill points/battle points can be used by your character to do different actions from a series of options after the scene has been described, such as attacking an enemy, disarming a trap or setting up an ambush. If you feel that you want to do something else other than the options provided describe the actions your character will take but it has to be justifiable and reasonable. These points will have different caps depending on your characters job or species along with mounts, these points will regenerate slowly after encounters or if your character has had rest.

I will be updating this thread every day or so after enough people have described their actions with info about the next thing the party has to face or with the enemy attacking back

Each species/job will have different base stats (these can be increased by using different weapons or gaining equipment)

The stats are Movement -M, Weapon Skill - WS, Ballistics skill - BS, Strength - S, toughness (defence) - T, Wounds -W, Initiative - I, Attacks -A, Leadership = Ld.

players can choose a species from the lizardmen race to play with from this list:

Skink: -
    • Beast handler(M6 WS2 BS3 S2 T2 W1 I4 A1 Ld5) 2 skill points, 1 battle, 2 beast handling (used to tame, calm and control beasts or animals. Start with a basic creature Such as" )

• Priest (M6 WS2 BS2 S2 T1 W1 I4 A1 Ld5) 2 skill points, 2 battle, 3 magic

• Warrior (M5 WS3 BS1 S3 T2 W1 I3 A1 Ld6) 2 skill points, 3 battle

• Chameleon skink/ Skirmisher (M6, WS2, BS4, S2, T2, W1, I3, A1 Ld4.) 3 skill points, 1 battle, 1 blend (used to camouflage and stealth)

Saurus:
    • Warrior/ tamer (Carnosaur + Cold ones) (M4 WS3 BS0 S3 T4 W1 I2 A2 Ld 7) 1 Skill points, 3 Battle (Can add ethier 1 beast handling or one extra to ethier battle or skill)

Kroxigor -
    • Warrior (M1 WS3 BS0 S4 T4 W3 I0 A2 Ld 6) 1 Skill point, 3 battle, 1 strength (used to do feats of strength such as lifting heavy rocks or pushing down trees)

Here is an example:

Dark elves shuffle around, some tearing down plaques and stuffing them into large sacks or into pockets now full with loot. Others armed with nasty crossbows and malicious swords guard the entrance. Little do they know they disturb sacred ground, their crimes against the old ones must be repaid. There are 3 druchii looting, 2 guarding the door.

Options -

• Ambushing a looter will cost 2 skill points to kill one if the character has 3 initative+, if the character has 2 initiative or below it will then cost 2 skill points one battle point to kill one.

• To kill one looter in combat will take 1 battle point if the character has 3 strength, or 2 battle points if they have 2 or less strength

• To kill one-armed guard will take 2 battle points with a minimum of 3 weapon skill.

• Your character may choose to shoot an enemy, this will cost 1 battle point, 2 skill point with a character that has 3 ballistics skill. Or one skill point and one battle point if the character has a ballistics skill of 4 +

• To kill an enemy with magic will cost 2 magic points

So with the normal stats in this situation, a saurus could run in and take an armed guard on, kill it and then kill a looter. A skink could shoot an armed guard, and then ambush a looter with its remaining skill and battle points, a kroxigor could run in and kill both armed guards and it could use its strength point to throw a large rock at a looter (But keep in mind, that a kroxigor may have strength and toughness but when it comes to other tasks such as solving a puzzle, disarming a trap or taming a beast the kroxigor is all but clueless :rolleyes:)

If any opponents or challenges haven't been dealt with by the characters actions and posts, then there will be negative consequences on the next post. Obviously, somethings will be more dependant on skill points and others on battle points depending on the situation.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So if you’re interested just post what you want species you want to be and what job you want to have, it would be very nice if people could describe their characters’ backgrounds and information in detail, it would be even awesome if people could continue being very descriptive when writing their actions :p We will be starting in a small camp of sorts that are searching the lost ruins of the temple of kara, an abandoned shrine devoted to a series of Lost Old ones for artefacts and loot, location wise we will be in the area north of Tlaxtlan, the city of the moon near the piranha swamps in lustra.

[​IMG]

If you have any questions feel free to ask and I will try my best to answer :rolleyes:

Last edited: Nov 30, 2019
  2. Nazqua
    Ripperdactil

Nazqua Well-Known Member

I may have to wait a little bit before starting, this gives people time to choose their character and write its back story, but I also have a series of small tests this week for me to revise for so won't be able to jump straight in with the beginning of the story.

3. bOdziO Wolf
    Temple Guard

bOdziO Wolf Well-Known Member

I would like to play a Kroxigor with a talent for cooking and talking about eating all the time. That is, when he manages to craft an actual sentence as he is a bit earth-minded. I envision him working as a local cook in the barrio or the war-camp (whichever setting we go for).

4. Nazqua
    Ripperdactil

Nazqua Well-Known Member

Awesome! What weapon does he have? and where was he spawned, how old is he? Give us some back story :p

5. Sudsinabucket
    Kroxigor

Sudsinabucket Well-Known Member

How in depth can we make the back story? can we use original characters or would you like us to make a brand new character? if I choose to be...say a skink priest, can I tame a beast as a mount? Are all species on the table? obviously bigger animals would be harder to tame, etc.

Lovin it, i'll get back to it with a backstory once I know what all to go for

6. Nazqua
    Ripperdactil

Nazqua Well-Known Member

You can and should be as in-depth as you want! you should preferably make a new character that doesn't exist in the law already but if you have a character you have made before feel free to use it.

If you are a skink priest, you may be able to tame a best but with relative difficulty and you will probably need the help of other skinks and beast tamers. the species on the table pretty much includes everything tameable in lustria, this can even include your own creatures if you describe them well enough. Starting out everyone will be on foot without a mount, but as we progress people will have a chance to tame a creature when we encounter them, steal eggs and stuff like that. Also, you might want say what law of magic the skink priest studies or what his practises are.

7. bOdziO Wolf
    Temple Guard

Oh, please keep questions coming. I haven't done an RPG in like ages and I always super struggled in writing characters' past times, so your questions will definitely help to define my character!

Q1
    Since he works as a butcher and a cook I think he must wield some kind of blade weapon, or at least, have a small blade weapon as secondary weapon. I'm thinking he needs to be able to prepare stuff that lives in the jungle for food, so a good blade to chop stuff is a must. Not sure what about his actual battle weapon. While assembling Kroxigor models I haven't noticed any blade wielding ones, so this slightly messes up with my vision. There is a "however" in that, and it will be the answer to the third question (Q3).

Q3 (swapped the order of questions)
    I don't actually know the Kroxigor life-span, but I think I would like him to be a fresh, inexperienced dude that never seen battle (yet). Maybe that will scare him? We do not know :)

Q2
    I think Q1 and Q3 already point that he need to spawn very close to the course of events, so natural choice will be Tlaxtlan.

8. Nazqua
    Ripperdactil

Nazqua Well-Known Member

Oh yeah! one of the most important questions! Whats his name?

9. Paradoxical Pacifism
    Carnasaur

Paradoxical Pacifism Well-Known Member

This is an amazing initiative on reviving a story driven RPG game on this forum, @Nazqua , I think it'll be a lot of fun. Also like how exiting the game is pretty easy too. Not sure if i'll be able to commit fully to this, but i'd be happy to join nonetheless.

Pretty sure it's the same biologically immortal life-span as the saurus and slann's.

10. bOdziO Wolf
    Temple Guard

Based on a tough discussion with subject matter experts we settled with the name of Quas.

Lizerd, Khemrian Slann and Nazqua like this.
  11. Nazqua
    Ripperdactil

Nazqua Well-Known Member

Awesome! I have already written the first scene for it to start. I think I went a bit over the top as it's pretty long and descriptive but now I'm super hyped to get started. we just have to wait for a few more people to make a character and then I can integrate them into it :p.

here is a little spoiler of a section that mentions your kroxigor :eek:
    The wild boar has been skinned and its tender, appetizing meat slowly spins on the central fire now blazing with Chotec’s warmth due to the addition of fresh wood, fats and juices from the cooking meat drip down into the fire, sizzling with a gentle hiss, whilst smaller meals of plump berries and palatable insects mixed in with simmering rice are handed and spread out by a warm, large but gentle kroxigor.

When the boar is fully cooked the kroxigor known as Quas., who surprisingly cooks and prepares the meals for the camp gently picks up it up with ease before slamming it onto a cut stone slab nearby. Now smoothly slicing it with a large and nasty looking cleaver with one hand and sprinkling on large grubs and pungent spices with the other.

Oh yea, It would be epic if another person could create a skink priest as their character as it would help the story quite a bit. it's it's not super crucial but would be nice.

12. Khemrian Slann
    Skink

Khemrian Slann Active Member

I would like to be a Skink Priest named Kuoteq´eko his AoS reborn Storyline is on the Discord.He is very night active and quiet .He has a Black Skin with blue Warpaintings and a Yellow Crest.He likes reading Storys of the old ones and eating good Food from Quas and drinking heavensherb Tea while it.He lived once in Hexoatl but was moved by the City councile to Itza because of a need of Skinks there.

13. Paradoxical Pacifism
    Carnasaur

Paradoxical Pacifism Well-Known Member

Hakal, the wisened, sorrowful kroxigor.

Hakal had always known love, kinship, and hard work. Ever since he was spawned, it was his smaller kin who taught him these ideals he held close to his heart. He always remembered the days when his muscles buckled while carrying what others could not under his skink friends' caring eyes. When darkness descended upon all after a day's hard work, it was his skink friends who hummed their tunes of comfort whenever he was scared. And when his senses whirled in the heat of battle, the all so familiar skinks' chirping and hissing eased his mind. He had served the Great Plan well. He had served his friends well...

So was his heart pummeled, and was it so viciously torn away, when he had learned not a single one of these skink friends returned from a scouting patrol. It was near unfathomable to remember hearing their hums of comfort, and on the next night's rest, not hear them at all but silence.

Sleeping became harder. His muscles strained more during labor. He was even almost slain during battle due to confusion.

Even still, decades onward from that dreadful day, he refused to acknowledge the gaping hole that was once his loving heart. Only looking around, and seeing the value of every lizard's life. Every death was every commitment lost to the Old Ones and all lizard kin.

Now, he found himself ordered to duty north of Tlaxtlan along with an array of other skinks, sauri, and kroxigors...

Edit: I think it would be pretty cool as a personality trait if my kroxigor character hums rhythmically from time to time. Probably won't have any real effect, though.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2019
    Nazqua and Khemrian Slann like this.
  14. bOdziO Wolf
    Temple Guard

@Paradoxical Pacifism buddies! *slams fists with other Kroxigor (an ancient symbol of unity taught by the Old Ones during the process of spawning)*

@Nazqua I love it!

Paradoxical Pacifism and Nazqua like this.
  15. Nazqua
    Ripperdactil

Nazqua Well-Known Member

Alright, Awesome stuff! Nice back story @Paradoxical Pacifism

So, I was thinking we could start when we have 5 or so people, we currently have three, so it shouldn't be too long :)

16. bOdziO Wolf
    Temple Guard

I will read some cook-books in the meantime :)

17. Sudsinabucket
    Kroxigor

Sudsinabucket Well-Known Member

Xolek-Zi: Skink Oracle - Lore of Beasts

Description: A bit larger than other Skinks, Xolek-Zi was spawned at the height of Clan Pestilences invasion of the Dragon Isles. Dark Obsidian black scales with a cascading sunset of oranges, reds and yellows down his side the Oracle stands out where ever he goes.

Temple City of Origin: Xuihcoatl, Dragon Isles (OC)

Primary Old Ones Worshipped: Sotek, Itzl, Quetzl

Melee Weapon: One 1h machauitl carried on the skinks back and a whip with obsidian edges. His tail has twin thagomizers made of metal and Obsidian

Ranged Weapon: Blow Pipe

Back Story -

Spawned at the height of the great war with clan Pestilence in the Temple City of Xiuhcoatl the Oracle has an affinity for war. Although not the most graceful of tacticians Xolek-Zi makes up with his agility and quick blade work along with his magical prowess when needed. Helping in many battles Xolek-Zi's ability with beast magic allows him to call Razordons and Salamanders to his aid while also aiding his allies with magical enhancement.

Waking up on a deserted and wild Dragon Isles years later after his spawning, Xolek-Zi only remembers parts of his past, such as who he is but not who he was. After a vision from the Serpent God Sotek he ventures forth to Lustria
    Travelling the continent of Lustria the Oracle hunts down disturbances in the geomantic web and eliminates any who disturb it. The Rumor of a Massive Troglodon with Defensive spikes on its hind legs and 4 defensive spikes on its tail also keeps the skink searching the caves and marshes of Lustria. He belives it is Soteks Will that he find and tame the rumored one of a kind beast, wherever it may lurk.

Xolek-Zi is a smart, sarcastic, lustrian medical plant loving skink who loves to eat when not in the thick of battle. Often alone he isnt great at conversation, making group efforts awkward and often done in a smokey haze has his Twin Tailed Serpent pipe is often Lit even when in battle.

While in battle laughing is often heard as the Oracle slaughters all around him, smoke and flame erupting from his pipe and the feathers of his headdress covered in the blood of fallen foes. Hoping that with more kills and sacrifices given to Sotek that a sign of the Spiked Beast will emerge.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2019 at 4:28 AM
  18. Khemrian Slann
    Skink

Khemrian Slann Active Member

I an help you a Bit with cooking Tips Or Recepts but it is very easy

Nazqua and Paradoxical Pacifism like this.
  19. Tk'ya'pyk
    Temple Guard

Tk'ya'pyk Well-Known Member

Huh, okay.

Tiqxoltiq: Skink Priest, Lore of Metal.
    Tiqxoltiq, or just "Tik" for short, is an apprentice alchemist and herbalist. Originally from Tlaxtlan, he wanders through Lustria at the direction of his superiors and the Slaan, gathering the herbs and ingredients required for his work, trading with fellow alchemists in the other cities, and crafting the occasional potion or poison. He enjoys his work but is prone to wandering off to look at interesting plants or insects. Deep inside, he is more interested in his plants than other Lizardmen, but is on good relations with those he trades with, having gained a reputation for reliability. He has met outsiders a few times in secret at the guidance of the Slaan, and knows the speech of the ones from a place called 'Tilea.' At the moment, his opinion of these outsiders is not high. They seem obsessed with gold. Tik has begun to wonder if, perhaps, they eat it? He is not sure.
    He carries a wide variety of pouches and bottles for gathering ingredients, and always has a few useful potions or poisons on his person for emergencies or to trade. When necessary, he carries a hooked sickle that doubles as both weapon and a machete for clearing undergrowth. Instead of a blowgun, he prefers to use a variety of tiny throwing darts made from plant spines that he coats with a variety of toxins or odd herbal concoctions. His skin is an unusual yellowish tone, like dried grass, with tiny red spots. His crest, by comparison, is a rich orange tone like the flowers of his favorite jungle plants. At some point in the past, he obtained the cracked skull of a terradon which has been modified into an odd kind of hat with the addition of a hole for his crest.

20. Nazqua
    Ripperdactil

Nazqua Well-Known Member

Our journey Begins!

The day is old and the sky is clear, but in the distance ominous storm clouds gather ready to bombard the jungle with another blast of rain. It seems the dry season is soon coming to an end, the dried swamps and crisp ground now becoming saturated with new life-giving water. Thick humid air wafts its way through the abandoned buildings and shrines within the temple of Kara.

It’s been a good day, several new underground chambers had been discovered allowing the camp to excavate two new plaques, written by the old ones several decades before the great catastrophe. The camp scouts have returned with a reasonable size boar and several pouches full of cooked berries. Everyone will be well-fed today.

The hammering of kroxigors pickaxes against ancient stone and rubble reverberated maddeningly within the central temple, whilst chirping skinks darted around between buildings with small tools, recovered trinkets or handfuls of rock. Meanwhile small bands of saurus hefted heavy logs and other materials towards smaller buildings on the outskirts of the ruins. work was well underway. A recent vision from Tiqxoltiq one of the camps leading skink priests had led him to believe that there was a series of undisturbed chambers and cave connected networks below the original site, so without question the excavation work had begun earlier that day, kroxigors and skinks alike had relentlessly worked to uncover a small rock-filled vault, the mining efforts lead by Hakal, a beast of a kroxigor, his smooth scales rough with age and covered with scars, his large eyes sorrowful and sparkless.

Soon another chamber was unearthed, despite its impressive size it was already empty, All that remained within was a collection of golden coins, wooden rods and other mundane trinkets of no interest , Tiqxoltiq already knew that these seemingly useless gold coins would fetch a high price with the humans, perhaps he could trade them to get hold of a vial of star venom, legends say that one drop could down a stegadon in minutes.

With the sun slowly disappearing behind the horizon, the sky splayed out in a multitude of hues, oranges, reds and yellows that were now forced to bow to the onyx of dusk, the noise of hard labour quieted and an exhausted Tiqxoltiq and Hakal retreated from the chamber, joining the other lizardmen as they began to gather around the central campfire on the edge of the ruins.

The quick clicks of skinks mixes in with the orchestra of birds and insects as the camp’s residents gather around a blazing fire pit hidden amongst stray trees and a maze of raised wooden huts. The wild boar has been skinned and its tender, appetizing meat slowly spins on the central fire now blazing with Chotec’s warmth due to the addition of fresh wood, fats and juices from the cooking meat drip down into the fire, sizzling with a gentle hiss, whilst smaller meals of plump berries and palatable insects mixed in with simmering rice are handed and spread out by a warm, large but gentle kroxigor.

When the boar is fully cooked the kroxigor known as Quas, who surprisingly cooks and prepares the meals for the camp gently picks it up with ease before slamming it onto a cut stone slab nearby. Now smoothly slicing it with a large and nasty looking cleaver with one hand and sprinkling on large grubs and pungent spices with the other.

The other camps priest Kuoteq’eko, who was adorned in jade bracelets and golden rings that glinted in the evening sun, the adornments and sigils contrasting with his aquamarine scales and yellow crest gently mutters some saurian honours to the old ones and slowly walks to the fire, with a notion of priests head the camp fully ceases work and falls silent, allowing the cacophony of howls and buzzes to go on without interruption. The mixture of saurus, kroxigor and skinks softly bow their heads and close their large reptilian eyes. Meanwhile, a light and warm drizzle of rain started to fall from the heavens, Tzunki was pleased.

All in communion the kroxigors and saurus begin a deep grumbling murmur lead by Quas. meanwhile, skinks begin to recite prayers and chants to their lost gods. During the invocations, Kuoteq’eko orders Xolek-Zi, A mysterious and quiet skink oracle that had come to the camp in search of information regarding a legendary troglodon, to lightly pour a small gourd of strange, potent herbs and crushed flowers collected by Tiqxoltiq into the fire. As Xolek-Zi stood up with an exaggerated effort he placed his small, inscribed wooden pipe down on the log benches, his necklace of razordon spines and other curious spherules clinked and rattled as his large and solid club that dangled from his waist dragged along the floor. As the white powder trickles into the flames they ignite with a new burst of magical vigour, the fire leaps upwards, forming into a series of flickering images, the rising sun over the emerald jungle in a shimmering haze. An overgrown temple basking in the subtle light of the moon, constellations of intense stars that seemed to glide into shapes and symbols above. And finally the burning eyes of a strange but large beast, with a forked tail and large spines and spikes covering its lower body and tail silently stalking its prey. As it pounces it seems to leap out of the fire and run around the huts and buildings, slowly fading into the jungle as an apparition of bright light. As soon as they started the images fade once again. The camp roars with delight and begins to tuck into their hard-earned meals with gusto, As Xolek-zi returns back to his seat,
    placing the hefty jug of ponderous powder on the sand next to his bench.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Without warning the jungle suddenly explodes with birds and creatures scattering in all directions as howls and hoots piece the air. Through the trees darts a feeble Parasaurolophus, bleating with anguish as it flies through the undergrowth, tripping and stumbling on the sprawling webs of tree roots that make up the forest floor. It bounds from the canopy in a blur, without thinking it races by the campfire and begins to veer off into the sprawling maze of abandoned buildings and labyrinth of weak thatch huts. As it passes, the fire it immediately extinguishes, the ashes billowing up to slowly drift on the thick wind, falling down into the newly made meals and food. The creature’s eyes show only one thing as it whizzes past, its pure desperation for survival.

Tiqxoltiq stopped slicing herbs and organising the array of leather pouches he had laid out in front of him, standing to join the Several skinks already stood up in alertness, their crests raised. Saurus clench their weapons with anticipation, Hakal whined, He recognised this chain of events all too well, he grabbed the large working pickaxe he had at his side with great strength. He would protect his fellow cold bloods with the fury of a thousand warriors if he had too.

The frenzied screeching of the young Parasaurolophus echoed throughout the encampment, soon a quick and rhythmic thudding came to join the screaming. The heavy noise punctuating the eery silence that had come over the normally deafening jungle orchestra. Despite the alarm Xolek-Zi’s Eyes seem to light up, he begins to walk towards the thumping as if something was calling him. As the sound increases in speed and loudness, Kuoteq’eko reaches forward to grab Xolek-Zi by the shoulder, tugging him back with him as he begins to sprint in the other direction, whilst shouting a singular word to the rest of the camp
    “Run!”.

------------------------------------

Options:

Instead of getting more definitive set options as you would in combat it's up to everyone to describe what their character is going to do ( The more detail the better!:p), whether thats do as Kuoteq’eko says and run, or perhaps sprinting to grab all of your valuables from your hut before doing so o_O. Or even grabbing a weapon ready to stand your ground against whatever comes from the trees. (Keep In mind your actions may take a skill point )

Last edited: Nov 26, 2019