1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lizardmen terrain

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by Libina, Mar 15, 2012.

1. Libina
    Skink

Libina New Member

So me and my friends started playing some warhammer together about half a year ago. We all bought a batallion plaus a few extra things, and we've decided to start painting now because gray figures + proxies is annoying. Also we bought 4 game boards and this is where I need your guys to help me. We wanna make some cool terrain, and I've looked in the lustria book for some lizardmen terrain. I came across some aztez inspired figures made of polystyren, but the problem is it's very expensive.
    I wanted to know if theres any alternative to polystyren and maybe you could also give me a few ideas of how to make a cool swamp terrain.

2. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

You might want to look at my blog, the link is in the signature.

3. Arli
    Skink Priest

Arli Moderator Staff Member

Simple lizardmen totems and obelisks are fairly easy to make out of the insulation (1/2 inch) that you can pick up in most home improvement stores. At least in the states.

4. Lord Cedric
    Terradon

Lord Cedric Member

A while ago, there was some really awesome Lizardmen terrain being auctioned off on Ebay. While I knew that they would go for a steep price, the work and creativeness in them were very inspiring to me. So, I copied them for personal use in hoping they would give me some good ideas when I get a chance to make some more terrain.

So, if they inspire me then maybe they could someone else.. so here are some of the pics:

504187840_o.jpg

504187801_o.jpg

504187765_o.jpg

504187249_o.jpg

504187062_o.jpg

504186818_o.jpg

I hope these will give you some inspiration as it does me!

- Lord Cedric

5. Arli
    Skink Priest

Arli Moderator Staff Member

Wow, those are nice. Maybe we need a thread labeled terrain inspiration! I like the spawning pool with the alter on it (I guess that is what it is).

That is really cool. I need to motivate myself to start painting more and get my skinks done. I also want to do terrain, but cannot justify it with all the models that I need to paint as well. Oh well, I will eventually get around to it.

Great Post Cedric!