1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion Lizardmen view on other races

Discussion in 'Fluff and Stories' started by Zeprot, Apr 9, 2010.

1. Zeprot
    Jungle Swarm

Zeprot New Member

I know that Lizardmen hate Chaos and friends, but I was wondering what their view on the other races/nations are, such as the different kinds of Elves and Humans. I assume they look at all Humans the same regardless of what flag they're waving.

2. Arli
    Skink Priest

Arli Moderator Staff Member

I think they look at all races as invaders and takers of their (Lustria's) secrets and treasures. I believe that I have read somewhere that they cannot tell the difference between the elven races and distrust them all equally.

IMHO it fits that they look at eveyone as invaders and are fiercly possessive of their secrets/treasures. They also have to an alien outlook toward other races (think cold blooded).

3. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

Lizardmen are like that one old man in the neighborhood that chaces all the kids and teenagers off of his lawn. :smug:

4. JohnMavrick
    Troglodon

JohnMavrick New Member

Would that mean that the Engine of the Gods is the shotgun loaded with rock salt? You know that's about one of the most painful experiances I've encountered...

5. The Hunted
    Carnasaur

The Hunted Active Member

Just remember that Lizardmen have no remorse in 'removing' any non-lizardmen from their 'lawn'.
    And removing should be interpreted as a wide notion here....

I do agree on that view though.

The Hunted

6. Zeprot
    Jungle Swarm

Zeprot New Member

Thanks for the info guys :D

7. lordofwar
    Skink

lordofwar New Member

i think lizardmen just hate everything...they resemble 40k tyranids THEY LIVE TO FEED

8. rammramm
    Chameleon Skink

rammramm New Member

I completely disagree with lordofwar.
    First of all the lizardmen have no history (save for the first ordering of the world and the starting attempts at quelling chaos, which failed misserably) of large-scale attacks on territory outside of Lustria.

From what I have understood the lizardmen whatch the evil (maybe a vague term but anyway) races of the world as supporters of chaos and disturbers of the old ones will. This results in a hatred for those races.
    Other races however are IMO only seen as lesser beings who are allowed to live their lives and in times of need join forces with the LM against the forces of chaos (The aid with maintaining the great warding and the power lended to the forces of good during "the great war" against chaos).

However the LM dont have any problem in fighting the good races of the world assuming that they are invading their territoy, stealing their treasures from the time of the oöd ones or are just generally in the way of the old ones plans. Therefor LM might seem allmost evil at times because of their lack of empathy.

9. giant stegadon
    Saurus

giant stegadon New Member

If I remember correctly from the book, the Slaan think all races should stay where they originated from. That includes the "good guys" like High Elves & the remnant of the global empire they established. All the races created during the time of the Old Ones were created for a reason & have a purpose designed by the Old Ones. So I would argue the Lizardmen dont see themselves as better than everyone else, its just they have a unique purpose on the world.

I think the Slaan definitely know the difference between Chaos humans and regular, gold plundering humans. Lizardmen dont care about glory or riches, they only care about the fulfillment of the Old Ones will, and for that to be done Chaos must be eradicated.

10. Droohoof
    Skink

Droohoof New Member

This is correct. If you read page 6 of the Lizzie book I think this will all be explained in full detail. Elves, dwarfs, and men were all creations of the old ones too. Saurus were birthed to eliminate all races not deemed worthy by the Old Ones, and greenskins were the only orginally race to survive the cleansing of the fantasy planet. Chaos, skaven, beastmen all came about from the great fall. If you read on pg 62 under Lord Mazdamundi it explains how the races are straying from the path the Old Ones have set forth.

11. jormi_boced
    Ripperdactil

jormi_boced New Member

The new Grey Seer book kind of shows off the Lizardmen psyche.

12. Captain Chameleon
    Skink

Captain Chameleon New Member

I think the lizardmen just follow the orders of the slann
    the slann interpret the prophesies that the lizardmen recover from lustria and if they tell them to kill the other dudes, they do it
    the slann just want to keep chaos and other greed driven intruders from invading the world that their old ones made for them
    they dont like the other races they just work with the high elves sometimes as they can help them keep the great warding in position...

13. Arli
    Skink Priest

Arli Moderator Staff Member

I am looking forward to reading that.

14. jormi_boced
    Ripperdactil

jormi_boced New Member

I am really enjoying it. Almost to the end.

15. Gerdion
    Skink

Gerdion New Member

Well, not quite. Dragons were present on the planet before the Old Ones arrived. Most went into hiding when the Old Ones altered the environment to suit their needs.

16. lordofwar
    Skink

lordofwar New Member

i think ill read that now.

17. jormi_boced
    Ripperdactil

jormi_boced New Member

I am done now and enjoyed it quite a bit.

18. thesheepnoob66
    Skink

thesheepnoob66 New Member

they like and hate each race the same and will ally with anyone

19. HoverBoy
    Ripperdactil

HoverBoy New Member

Even skaven?

20. rammramm
    Chameleon Skink

rammramm New Member

That is just wrong. LM are way more inclined to ally with the races of order since they all have a part to play in the old ones plan (maybe not Wood Elves but thats a whole different topic on the mental health of Mazdamundi). They are indifferent to the races of order but hate the races of destruction since they are beasts warped and twisted by chaos.