1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Lizerd’s Battle Reports

Discussion in 'Battle Reports' started by Lizerd, Mar 31, 2019.

1. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

...only when the dices support them. :p

Lizerd and Wilhelm Stürmer like this.
  2. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

From your description it seems your opponent terribly overextended there, exposing his hero to the Carnosaur.

If you hadn't gotten the double turn it could easily have been the other way round.

Good job though, even though you had a bit of luck there, and thanks for the report! :)

Lizerd likes this.
  3. Wilhelm Stürmer
    Razordon

Wilhelm Stürmer Well-Known Member

To be fair, those are two major components of the game: luck and capitalizing on your opponents mistakes.

Lizerd and Aginor like this.
  4. Aginor
    Slann

Absolutely!
    I had a Carnosaur utterly destroy a whole unit of SCE Liberators in one turn, and I have seen the same model die in one turn, also in a fight with Liberators.

As for the Zombie Dragon vs the Carno... that can really go both ways, too.

Lizerd likes this.
  5. Lizerd
    Stegadon

Lizerd Well-Known Member

Trust me on this one, nobody thought the carnosaur would com out on top of that fight. While carnosaurs are not perfect, I love them them for their ability, as they are incredibly effective if well used.

6. Lizerd
    Stegadon

Lizerd Well-Known Member

Alright: this thing has been inactive for to long, so I have a minor 1000 point game to describe here. Sadly I did not take pictures.
    So this match was against my dad and his undead, featuring his brand new vampire lord on zombie dragon! And I on the other hand used my unit of 40 warriors.

The first turns were pretty hilarious, for me. The zombie dragon rushed in, and due to bad rolling only killed a single warrior. The warriors coughed, looked up, and stabbed the zombie dragon to death in 1 round of combat. The match went downhill for my dad since then. His battle line of skeletons was rapidly encircled and annihilated. My dad responded by summoning them back, only to be annihilated again. A summoned Troglodon and new seraphon spells dealt massive damage and slowly the whole enemy army was surrounded and butchered. The entire enemy force was massacred and in total I lost 13 ish warriors. Major Seraphon victory :D

7. Aginor
    Slann

Un-dad then? :D

I also have one, I love the fear it strikes into the heart of my opponent. It can be very killy.
    Your dad seems to have suffered from "new model disease" there. I know that well. The shiny new toy never does anything on its first mission.

Not bad winning against Skellies!
    I play LoN myself and I am pretty sure that most of the time my Skellies would beat my Lizards. They have only faced each other once though, when my buddy actually forgot to bring his army (the look on his face when he opened his empty case was hilarious) and borrowed one of mine so we could play.

Ixt, LizardWizard and Lizerd like this.
  8. Lizerd
    Stegadon

Lizerd Well-Known Member

Yes, he was very un-dad, and was pretty horrified at the result as well ;):D
    When we had our post game discussion the first thing I told him was that charging a monster into a huge block of infantry is a death sentence, even for such a Killy model. While I have seen videos where the zombie dragon did crazy amounts of damage, my personal experience is different. The first time I went toe to toe with them, my carnosaur killed it in two turns, and now this zombie dragon got impaled on the spears of saurus.

Winning against Shellie’s: that was a so so thing. While a unit of 40 saurus with buffs from a sunblood, slann, and FoS is absurdly powerful, the skeletons really don’t like dying. That endless legions ability and their gravesites mean holding them back, even if I destroy a unit is very hard.

LizardWizard likes this.
  9. Lizerd
    Stegadon

Lizerd Well-Known Member

Here is a “battle” to keep you guys entertained:
    200 points
    Seraphon vs Nighthaunt

Armies:
    2 units of saurus knights vs 1 unit of hexwraiths

Battleplan: the funky orb that keeps moving around

Round 1
    So turn one: I lose priority but am allowed to run up and seize the objective. My opponent vastly overestimated his killing power due to my wonky position, and only kills a model.
    Opponent’s turn:the orb moves over to my opponent’s side, he goes first and seizes it. I awkwardly attack and kill a few models (which got revived) and ended our turns.
    1-1

Round 2
    My turn: I win priority and teleport off into a corner and cry over my pathetic warscrolls. And the objective followed right into my lap.
    Opponent’s turn: again objective moves to his side and he seized it.
    2-2

Round 3
    My turn: win priority, and you know the drill, nab the objective and hold it.
    On my opponent’s turn he fails to kill enough knights to seize the objective and fails to score.

Final score 3-2
    Major seraphon victory

So post game analysis: LoSaT is the best. Literally my whole strategy revolves around cheesing my opponent and teleporting to objectives. Boring? Kinda. Hilarious? Yup.

Aginor and Wilhelm Stürmer like this.
  10. Aginor
    Slann

Ok that's definitely entertaining! :D

Lizerd likes this.
  11. Lizerd
    Stegadon

Lizerd Well-Known Member

It was, as each time I got in range I would lose Knights, but because of LoSaT those times were few and far between. It was pretty fun, especially as my victory came through seraphon abilities.

Anyways I have more stuff to come as I am currently participating in a forbidden power campaign, and I managed to win the first match.

Aginor likes this.