1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Lizerd’s Battle Reports

Discussion in 'Battle Reports' started by Lizerd, Mar 31, 2019.

1. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

...only when the dices support them. :p

2. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

From your description it seems your opponent terribly overextended there, exposing his hero to the Carnosaur.

If you hadn't gotten the double turn it could easily have been the other way round.

Good job though, even though you had a bit of luck there, and thanks for the report! :)

3. Wilhelm Stürmer
    Ripperdactil

Wilhelm Stürmer Well-Known Member

To be fair, those are two major components of the game: luck and capitalizing on your opponents mistakes.

4. Aginor
    Slann

Absolutely!
    I had a Carnosaur utterly destroy a whole unit of SCE Liberators in one turn, and I have seen the same model die in one turn, also in a fight with Liberators.

As for the Zombie Dragon vs the Carno... that can really go both ways, too.

5. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

Trust me on this one, nobody thought the carnosaur would com out on top of that fight. While carnosaurs are not perfect, I love them them for their ability, as they are incredibly effective if well used.

6. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

Alright: this thing has been inactive for to long, so I have a minor 1000 point game to describe here. Sadly I did not take pictures.
    So this match was against my dad and his undead, featuring his brand new vampire lord on zombie dragon! And I on the other hand used my unit of 40 warriors.

The first turns were pretty hilarious, for me. The zombie dragon rushed in, and due to bad rolling only killed a single warrior. The warriors coughed, looked up, and stabbed the zombie dragon to death in 1 round of combat. The match went downhill for my dad since then. His battle line of skeletons was rapidly encircled and annihilated. My dad responded by summoning them back, only to be annihilated again. A summoned Troglodon and new seraphon spells dealt massive damage and slowly the whole enemy army was surrounded and butchered. The entire enemy force was massacred and in total I lost 13 ish warriors. Major Seraphon victory :D

7. Aginor
    Slann

Un-dad then? :D

I also have one, I love the fear it strikes into the heart of my opponent. It can be very killy.
    Your dad seems to have suffered from "new model disease" there. I know that well. The shiny new toy never does anything on its first mission.

Not bad winning against Skellies!
    I play LoN myself and I am pretty sure that most of the time my Skellies would beat my Lizards. They have only faced each other once though, when my buddy actually forgot to bring his army (the look on his face when he opened his empty case was hilarious) and borrowed one of mine so we could play.

8. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

Yes, he was very un-dad, and was pretty horrified at the result as well ;):D
    When we had our post game discussion the first thing I told him was that charging a monster into a huge block of infantry is a death sentence, even for such a Killy model. While I have seen videos where the zombie dragon did crazy amounts of damage, my personal experience is different. The first time I went toe to toe with them, my carnosaur killed it in two turns, and now this zombie dragon got impaled on the spears of saurus.

Winning against Shkellies: that was a so so thing. While a unit of 40 saurus with buffs from a sunblood, slann, and FoS is absurdly powerful, the skeletons really don’t like dying. That endless legions ability and their gravesites mean holding them back, even if I destroy a unit is very hard.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2019
  9. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

Here is a “battle” to keep you guys entertained:
    200 points
    Seraphon vs Nighthaunt

Armies:
    2 units of saurus knights vs 1 unit of hexwraiths

Battleplan: the funky orb that keeps moving around

Round 1
    So turn one: I lose priority but am allowed to run up and seize the objective. My opponent vastly overestimated his killing power due to my wonky position, and only kills a model.
    Opponent’s turn:the orb moves over to my opponent’s side, he goes first and seizes it. I awkwardly attack and kill a few models (which got revived) and ended our turns.
    1-1

Round 2
    My turn: I win priority and teleport off into a corner and cry over my pathetic warscrolls. And the objective followed right into my lap.
    Opponent’s turn: again objective moves to his side and he seized it.
    2-2

Round 3
    My turn: win priority, and you know the drill, nab the objective and hold it.
    On my opponent’s turn he fails to kill enough knights to seize the objective and fails to score.

Final score 3-2
    Major seraphon victory

So post game analysis: LoSaT is the best. Literally my whole strategy revolves around cheesing my opponent and teleporting to objectives. Boring? Kinda. Hilarious? Yup.

10. Aginor
    Slann

Ok that's definitely entertaining! :D

11. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

It was, as each time I got in range I would lose Knights, but because of LoSaT those times were few and far between. It was pretty fun, especially as my victory came through seraphon abilities.

Anyways I have more stuff to come as I am currently participating in a forbidden power campaign, and I managed to win the first match.

12. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

Oh boy do we have stuff here to do.
    2000 point Seraphon vs Nurgle
    My list

Fangs of Sotek

Allegiance: Seraphon

Mortal Realm: Ulgu

Leaders

Slann Starmaster (260)

- General

- Trait: Great Rememberer

- Spell: Stellar Tempest

Saurus Oldblood on Carnosaur (240)

- Artefact: Doppelganger Cloak

Saurus Scar-Veteran on Carnosaur (240)

- War Spear

- Artefact: Sword of Judgement

Saurus Astrolith Bearer (160)

- Artefact: Miasmatic Blade

Saurus Sunblood (120)

Skink Starpriest (80)

- Spell: Mystical Unforging

Battleline

40 x Saurus Warriors (330)

- Spears

10 x Saurus Warriors (90)

- Clubs

10 x Saurus Warriors (90)

- Clubs

Units

3 x Razordons (120)

Battalions

Sunclaw Starhost (130)

Fangs of Sotek (70)

Endless Spells / Terrain

Balewind Vortex (40)

objective: it was the diagonal one with 3 objectives each worth 1 point at the end of the round.
    My opponent completed set up first and as such went first

13. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

Turn one: he wins priority as he finished set up first, and moves failing to make contact.

my turn was more interesting. I made contact with the battle line and went to town. Unfortunately his three wound chaos mortals meant I didn’t deal 2 damage to each of them from sunclaw. His response similarity crippled the unit. Score seraphon 2-1

his next turn involved his glottkin moving in and engaging the sunblood and finishing the warriors. End turn with three vp.

My turn involved a meager response, more warriors summoned and carnosaurs moved into position. The Oldblood engaged the great unclean one and did some damage. Gain 1 vp total 3-3

my opponent wins priority again and does some fighting. He clears the far right objective and does some good kills but leaves the glottkin open. The summoned warriors are cleared and the Slann flees.

my turn was a bit more interesting. With some razordon focus fire and a few good roles from the sunblood the glottkin was killed! On the other side of the map the two carnosaurs finished the great unclean one. At this point my opponent surrendered as he did not have the power to win.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2019
  14. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

Gallery
    upload_2019-10-22_14-46-44.jpeg
    [ upload_2019-10-22_14-47-46.jpeg upload_2019-10-22_14-48-51.jpeg

Attached Files:

15. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

Well played.

That was a lot of Blightkings. Did you kill through a whole unit of 20 of them?

16. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

Yeah I killed a good chunk of them, blood roar did the rest of the work :D

17. Imrahil
    Slann

Imrahil Thirtheenth Spawning

nice armies, horde of Saurus warriors looks awesome:cool:

Gr, Imrahil

18. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

Thanks! They took a while to paint but I found a good guide that made them pretty quick and easy to get ready

19. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

Alright new battle, this one is narrative.

in the realm of shyish, ever since the rise of Nagash very little has come their way to challenge them. However the Seraphon of Koatl’s claw have other ideas for the place of shyish in the great plan. Marching into the vampire courts a full host entered the realm of the dead, hunting down the deathless leaders who ruled these lands to execute some unknowable purpose

Allegiance: Seraphon
    - Constellation: Koatl's Claw

Leaders
    Saurus Scar-Veteran on Cold One (110)
    - General
    - Command Trait: Dominant Predator
    - Artefact: Eviscerating Blade
    Skink Starpriest (120)
    - Spell: Celestial Harmony

Battleline
    10 x Saurus Knights (200)
    - Lances
    10 x Skinks (60)
    - Boltspitters Celestite Daggers & Star Bucklers

Total: 490 / 2000
    Extra Command Points: 0
    Allies: 0 / 400
    Wounds: 41

Allegiance: Legion of Night
    Mortal Realm: Shyish

Leaders
    Vampire Lord (140)
    - General
    - Mount: Nightmare
    - Command Trait: Merciless Hunter
    - Artefact: Vial of the Pure Blood
    - Lore of the Vampires: Amethystine Pinions

Battleline
    5 x Dire Wolves (70)

Units
    5 x Black Knights (120)
    5 x Hexwraiths (140)

Total: 470 / 2000
    Extra Command Points: 0
    Allies: 0 / 400
    Wounds: 35

Imrahil likes this.
  20. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

Reserved

Battle Plan- The shattered City

round 1
    Legion of night wins deployment and denies access to the engine, and also sets up dire wolves in ambush.

Seraphon deploy normally with each hero supporting their corresponding units.

legion of night wins priority and the fight begins
    [​IMG]
    Initially things don’t look great, as the hex wraiths charge into the skinks and kill half the unit in a single round of fighting, with the skinks only dealing one wound in return. The black knights also make contact with the skinks and chip away another, forcing the starpriest to shout his troops onwards. The outlook looked worrying, especially as dire wolves were running the seraphon flank
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

However the legions of night would soon run out of luck. The saurus knights shifted in and with the support of their scarveteran charged into the black knights. On the other end of the battlefield the skinks managed to chip off a few wounds with shooting, before suffering more casualties, but not before felling a hexwraith. The saurus knights on the other hand did far better. Their thundering charge wiped the unit of black knights in a single blow. Seeing the tides of battle turning, the vampire lord fled with a handful of hexwraiths. The rest of the army was butchered by the raging lizardmen.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 5, 2020