1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Local Tournament

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Virgooth, Jun 24, 2017.

1. Virgooth
    Jungle Swarm

Virgooth New Member

Taking part in a tournament in my local games club this Sunday and was just wanting a bit of advice and help with the list that I have created for it. I know there is a lot of Sallys but they are so fun when the all hit

LEADERS -
    Engine of the Gods (240)
    Skink Starpriest (100)
    BattleMage (100)

BATTLELINE -
    Skinks x10 (80)
    Skinks x10 (80)
    Skinks x20 (160)

UNITS -
    Salamanders x6 (360)
    Skink Handlers x3 (40)
    Terradon Riders x3 (140)

BEHEMOTHS -
    Stegadon (260)
    Bastiladon (300)

BATTALIONS
    Shadowstrike Starhost (120)

TOTAL 1980/2000

2. m0gstar
    Temple Guard

m0gstar Well-Known Member

Personally I'd prolly drop 10 skinks and use your extra 100 points that you have to buy another unit of handlers so that you can split your salamanders up for more board control and grab a skink chief to give you another hero choice in case you get 3 places of power or whatever that scenario is. Your skink chief can be general for +1 to hit for basti also. pretty beefy

Looks like a fun list though :)

3. Seraphage
    Stegadon

Seraphage Well-Known Member

I agree with @m0gstar since you wanna go for the sally fun, you might as well invest a bit more into it ! Take more handlers cause 8" is really really bad :p And I am also not sure how EoTG will be of any use. What are your thoughts ?

4. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

EotG is cool when you are either lucky or have a Slann/rerolls to help a bit, or if the tournament houserules it so the rolls that would cause summoning are not completely down the drain.
    Otherwise.... meh. Waste of points IMO because not reliable. I would probably replace it with another Stegadon or take a Troglodon and a Skink Chief. Both can shoot and the latter one can buff the Skinks so they actually hit something. The Troglodon can also take some wounds, lower bravery, and eat light infantry for breakfast.