1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for Advice on how to attain this paint scheme with Citadel Paints.

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by Marco Hernandez, Aug 15, 2018.

1. Marco Hernandez
    Jungle Swarm

Marco Hernandez New Member

Hello all,

I am a new member to this forum; by the way it is fantastic! I am about to take the plunge into Seraphon and I was hoping to see if you could advise me on a paint scheme. I found this on the GW website, right when you click Seraphon it comes up. I have attached it to the file. Thank you and I hope to hear from y'all soon!

Attached Files:

2. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Welcome!
    I am not the gretest painter and I mostly do not use GW colors, but my best guess is this, based on similar stuff from the app.

purple:
    base Naggaroth Night, shade Druchii Violet, layer Xereus Purple, highlight Genestealer Purple. Perhaps some extreme highlights with Emperor's Children

white:
    base Celestra Grey, layer Ulthuan Grey, shade... hard to tell. Seraphim Sepia I think, highlight White Scar

blue:
    base Stegadon Scale Green, shade CoeliaGreenshade, (layer Sotek green), highlight Temple Guard blue

gold:
    base Retributor Armour, shade Reikland Fleshshade, (layer Auric Armour Gold), highlight Liberator Gold

Check out the Citadel painting app for your smart phone. It is really helpful with such things, at least as a starting point.

3. ravagekitteh
    Skink Chief

ravagekitteh Well-Known Member

As far as I can tell, the Saurus and the Skinks are just the basic Seraphon colour scheme they give you the guide to on the app (under Saurus Warrior) but with Mephiston Red and the highlights that go with it (sorry, I'm not good at painting beyond base layer) for the warpaint. As for the Warbeasts, you want to follow this video:

Aginor likes this.
  4. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Oh, wow. That is quite a bit better than my suggestion for the purple and white I think.
    Good find, @ravagekitteh I forgot that video existed.