1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Looking for some general tips for my army / compositions

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by RockCoach, Feb 23, 2019.

1. RockCoach
    Jungle Swarm

RockCoach New Member

Hello everyone!

I am looking for some tips for compositions, as well as general tips.

I currently have :
    1 Slann Starmaster
    1 Skink Starpriest
    1 Saurus Oldblood
    1 Saurus Oldblood on a Carno
    1 Saurus Eternity Warden
    1 Saurus Astrolith Bearer
    1 Troglodon
    1 EotG
    2 Bastiladons
    20 Skinks
    14 Saurus Warriors and 6 Saurus Knights (Start Collecting)

I just played a 1k Tournament today, and had a blast. While i mainly play the game to have fun, i dont really like playing with stuff that does nothing on board and dies quickly. I was playing against two Stormcasts and one Maggotkin, Lost to one Stormcast (By 60 points less slain), other two games were won. I had the hardest time against the Maggotkin with their exploding hits and their extreme resilience. The Skinks basically did nothing but stop enemy infantry from moving.

Are there any general tips against Maggotkin, other units i should consider against them?
    What about Skaven? And is the Ark of Sotek on the Bastiladons any good? I have just finished my first Bastiladon with the Solar Engine, and i absolutely love these things! So tanky and amazing damage, especially against Demons.

Thanks in advance!

LizardWizard likes this.
  2. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Both Bastiladon versions can be effective. I tend to prefer the solar engine but that is because it fits my play style better.

As for your collection:
    You need some bodies on the table.

So I suggest picking either Saurus or Skinks (I personally think Skinks are the better choice for most situations right now) and buying 2-3 boxes of them.

Schwaaah, LizardWizard and RockCoach like this.
  3. RockCoach
    Jungle Swarm

RockCoach New Member

I actually just ordered a box of Saurus Guard, since i really like the idea of having an Eternal Starhost against Maggotkin, as they seem to mostly have very low rend values, and a 2+ Save and a -1 Rend ignore seems pretty good. But yes, i also have thought about getting more skinks, as their 5+ Hit with the blowpipes is just atrocious, them hitting on 3+ seems a lot more consistent.