1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Tired of the same old Slann pose? Or just want to show off your painting skills. Why not try entering your own version to the Golden Slann competition - Click here for more info.
    Dismiss Notice

Blog Lord Agragax's Making and Painting Blog - Skaven and Tyranid Edition!

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl, Jun 27, 2017.

1. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Terradon

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Well-Known Member

Thank you all for your feedback. Now, to answer all your questions @pendrake :
    • It is, as the crew can push it around in a curve if they want thanks to the sliders.
    • They would only rotate it before it actually fires, and when it isn't firing, the counterweight would be hanging down at the front. Think of it as a Trebuchet counterweight. Also I checked the arm before I stuck it on to make sure that the censer wouldn't touch the crew - it would swing over their heads but it is too high up to hit them.
    • Don't know where you got that idea from - the counterweight side of the arm is swinging downwards, and the claw part is swinging up to launch the slime.
    I didn't think of jewellery chains - thanks for that tip :) - but I would still need wire to tie the chain around the long bit on the right side of the claw to show the crew is holding onto the arm. It would have to be a chain with small links to look as if it's continuing from the crew's chain.

Aginor likes this.
  2. pendrake
    Skink Chief

pendrake Well-Known Member

When viewed from the side (as in your picture) It looks like it is going anti-clockwards (aka counter-clockwise).

The way the big fiery thing is sculpted forcibly makes it appear to be in motion.