1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Lord kroak

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Dylanmaunder, Apr 17, 2017.

1. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

meh, it's not like my rules only target the seraphon, unless he plays something that uses no casters whatsoever he should benefit from it as well :p

As for seraphon being too strong, is he playing something that just happens to get completly countered by the seraphon? Say something that has to go through your temple guard with re-rollable 2+ saves cuz he has nothing that can reach your priest buffing them & has no mortal wounds or something like that?

Given the state of magic & summoning and them being 2 of our main mechanics the seraphon shouldn't be cheesy in most cases.

2. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

Really? Seraphon cheesy? with 2 of their main mechanics hamstrung & our reliance on synergy forcing us into certain playstyles we shouldn't be that difficult to stop.

3. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

He plays mixed Destruction but he transitions to pure Ironjawz right now.
    With the mixed army (including Scraplaunchers and an Aleguzzler but also some Greenskinz, Bonesplitterz and Ironjawz) it seems he cannot win against me.
    All those models look awesome and he had fun painting - and to a certain degree - playing them, but the only time he is able to win is when I allow him to put 20% more points on the table than I do. At +10% or at same points he hasn't won a game in months.

He is a much more competitive person than I am, but the synergies in my army work in a way that he can't compete. It even stops being fun for me because he is whining all the time about my army being far too OP, but letting him win intentionally would be unsportmanslike and I am SURE he is doing something wrong because I see Ironjawz in the top20 of tournament lists all the time while Seraphon are nowhere near that level of power IMO, with Order allegiance abilities being crap for us, while Rampaging Destroyers is AWESOME for Ironjawz and mitigates their only real weakness (speed).

I am pretty sure he will win in the future, as soon as his pure Ironjawz 2000pt list is complete. And I will probably be where he is now, losing all the time except when sniping his heroes with a Shadowstrike. What annoys me the most is probably that the Ironjawz are a "one trick pony" that only has one tactic, and I have only one tactic against it, so all the fights will be identical and whoever has some luck wins. He originally wanted to avoid that by playing mixed Destruction, adding some variety in possible tactics, but he is now sure that he will never win against my "OP cheese" without playing "competitive monster cheese" himself.

With the rampaging destroyer buff and the weirdfist bataillon with its crazy strong shaman (in our last match he sniped all my heroes in one round) I am not sure if there is anything I can do to stop him, so this in turn causes me to be a bit sad. I'd love to be on equal terms between our armies, but I don't see how that could work. If he plays a competitive list I am toast, if he doesn't then he is toast. But as said above, the much sadder thing is the lack of variety.

EDIT:
    I think I'll make a thread about it...

Crowsfoot likes this.
  4. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Ironjawz are tough cookies but they are beatable but your right you can't let him win, he has to beat you fair and square, have you thought about swapping armies for a couple of games?

If you beat him with his own army he will see Seraphon are not cheese!

Bowser, Aginor, Ritual and 1 other person like this.
  5. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Bowser likes this.
  6. Dylanmaunder
    Skink

Dylanmaunder New Member

i just won my first game just through using a skink priest and his armour rerolls. one thing this faction has that good is big scary monster's i don't know about other factions but you add a dread -2 troglodon -1 warrior from banner -1. so a unit of 7 or 6 lot of storm cast has they will be sweating if a battle shock is taken. they lose there leader they are in trouble.

plus i think mix and match is the way to go.

Bowser, Aginor and Seraphage like this.
  7. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

What did you field?

Bowser likes this.
  8. Dylanmaunder
    Skink

Dylanmaunder New Member

just a star priest
    skink priest
    40 warriors
    10 camo skinks
    scarvet carnosur.

put all the warrior's in a 40 block group and
    gave warrior's reroll saves and a 4+. he threw every thing at them turn one lost 4 lizards.

Bowser likes this.
  9. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

well throwing everything at a 40 man horde unit with re-rollable saves and presumably either a mystic shield or a starlight on them is a small strategical error....

Bowser and DeadlyRecluse like this.