1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Lords of space and los blocking

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by John1974, Nov 13, 2018.

1. John1974
    Cold One

John1974 Active Member

2 questions

1. Can you use lords of space and time and if you roll a 3 or 4 can you choose not to teleport the model and just move normally or do you have to teleport.

2. Just with the range target rules. If i had a slann behind a stegadon or couple bastiladons, because they are considered monsters and the slann isn't does that mean he is effectively hiding behind these models and can't be targeted by range attacks

2. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

1) you're not forced to teleport anything. It's the same as to declare a run to reach an objective and you see you won't reach it, so you opt for something else (to stand and block phisically a passage, for example)

2) Unless I'm mistaken, i don't recall in the rules that monsters block LoS. I will check for this.

John1974 likes this.
  3. John1974
    Cold One

John1974 Active Member

I remember reading something about los to units behind others that you can't see, but not sure if this relates to small units hiding behind large ones.

4. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Hmmm not sure is a monster considered a unit, I think you could be right.

5. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Yes, a monster is a unit. Basically everything playable is.

6. John1974
    Cold One

John1974 Active Member

So then if a unit is behind another and it's not visible to the attacker. Technically you have to target the larger unit in front of it

7. Tokek
    Chameleon Skink

Tokek Well-Known Member

1. Once you chose to roll the dice you are bound by its outcome. I think it would be very poor form to decline to do what it says on the table in the hope that you could then move normally after rolling 3-4. Once you roll the dice you should accept its outcome, you do not actually have to teleport anywhere but even then nominally it is as if you have picked your model up and put it right back where it was IMO.

2. Depends on if your opponent can actually draw a line of sight to your Slann. If the shooting model can see the Slann then they have line of sight. If your big dinosaurs are entirely obscuring their view of it then they do not.

Arawn and Koriialstraz like this.
  8. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Looking at the rules, you can shoot at every model you can see (it's suggested to stoop down and look from behind the shooting model to see if the target is visible)

SO, unless it's specified (citadel wood) i'd say a monster doesn't block LoS, unless you effectively don't see the model that hides behind it.

Seraphage, John1974 and Arawn like this.
  9. John1974
    Cold One

John1974 Active Member

Cheers for that everyone. Effectively a couple of stegadons block out all visibility to my slann so that's what i was trying to find out. Thanks for all the help