1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lost kingdom minis launches Kickstarter

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by Scorbol, Jul 1, 2018.

1. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

So little time left to make my decisions...I want everything I see, but my unlimited wants are constrained by limited funds.

I need to apply logic.

If I am honest with myself, I have enough Saurus Warriors, Skinks, and Kroxigor. These new models are better than what I have, but I don't really need new ones. I can always get them later. I don't need a third Carnosaur or a fourth Slann.

Cherry picking the stuff I can use, I got it down to a mere one month's rent.

Hmmm, I kind of want the Quetzlcoatl Feathered goddess but that's $300 American roughly and I'm not in the best financial shape right now.

@Lost Kingdom Miniatures, they are going into production later too, right? I can always get it later...I hope.

2. Karnus
    Ripperdactil

Karnus Well-Known Member

I asked them this myself and the response I got was that the only things that won’t be available after the Kickstarter are the Kickstarter exclusives and the “addon” items.

I looked at it logically. I thought “what Lizardmen sculpts do I hate?” I came
    Back with kroxigor and chameleon skinks.

Luckily I think lost kingdom share this sentiment as they do a kroxigor + chameleon skink bundle which I have pledged for.

In the meantime I am going to “make” some chameleon skinks using the guide in the painting and converting forum and be on the lookout for some proxigor until they arrive.

3. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

I think I would like to paint a few of them just to have them on display, since they just don't fit my army that well and I play at the GW store so I couldn't even use them.

But I have that much of a backlog, I just wouldn't feel comfortable to get them. They would just lie around in my house in their boxes, taking up space.
    I really hope they offer the most interesting ones in some form. Maybe once they have made a bit of money with them and all the painted ones from Kickstarter backers turn up on the Internet and create the demand. :)

Crowsfoot likes this.
  4. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

Okay I'll get some of the stuff later. Still dropped more coin on mins than I did in the last three years or so combined. At least I have a year to work on my backlog, then i'll get more!

Aginor and Crowsfoot like this.
  5. details
    Cold One

details Well-Known Member

pretty sure only the kickstarter exclusives won't get to the online store, everything else will

Nahualpiltzintli likes this.
  6. Nahualpiltzintli
    Saurus

Nahualpiltzintli Active Member

I think exactly that. If not, there would be no reason to mark anything as kickstarter exclusive

7. Lost Kingdom Miniatures
    Skink

Lost Kingdom Miniatures Member

You're right guys! The only models which won't be available when we release them in the online store will be kickstarter exclusives, but during the pledge manager will be available everything ;)

8. Karnus
    Ripperdactil

Karnus Well-Known Member

My bad!

9. Rikard
    Stegadon

Rikard Well-Known Member

Holy hell in a handbag!

Those minis are exceptional!

Nahualpiltzintli and Aginor like this.
  10. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Coming from you that's something they should put on their advertising page. :)

11. Rikard
    Stegadon

Rikard Well-Known Member

It's damn good inspiration for me to use Z-brush (thanks to Woogity I got it ages ago but haven't used it, I get very overwhelmed very quickly).
    And INCREDIBLY good inspiration for me to use Super sculpey firm.

Heck, if they want some work, they know where to find me (I hope).

FYI...new stuff soonish at Avatars of war, which is another reason why I've been quiet.

12. The Red Devil
    Stegadon

The Red Devil Defender of Hexoatl Staff Member

Anyone found out how to create your order for the Kickstarter and have the web store remove the Spanish VAT when shipping outside of EU?

Crowsfoot likes this.
  13. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

I’ve done my order, I just clicked on the kickstarter tab and added items to my basket until I had nothing left to spend, have you registered on the site?

14. Karnus
    Ripperdactil

Karnus Well-Known Member

Same, created my account, went to the Kickstarter section, added the items I pledged for and my total was €0 + postage.

Crowsfoot likes this.
  15. The Red Devil
    Stegadon

Think you misunderstand the question.

The price of the products in the store contain Spanish VAT, when they ship a physical product outside of EU, they should remove the VAT from the order.

Having a conversation with them on Kickstarter now, where they claim they have to pay VAT to Spain on every purchase from their store, it seems they are quite unfamiliar with international agreements regarding VAT when shipping physical products.

Will see what we end up with, asked their support to have their accounting department look into this as their current practice is not correct.

Crowsfoot likes this.
  16. Karnus
    Ripperdactil

Karnus Well-Known Member

That is interesting, does that mean the Kickstarter prices we were quoted include this tax?

17. The Red Devil
    Stegadon

Yes, that is how it looks.

18. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

My order is in

CESMHMROSS Ometéotl, Supreme Sorecerer - Bases : Round

CESMHTCW Tonatiuh, Coatl whisperer - Bases : Round

CESMAr Archeoptl - Bases : Round

CESMHAS Atlacoya the Sunarcher - Bases : Round

CESMTl2 Tlemiahuatl 2 - Bases : Round

19. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

Im not super familiar with kickstarter, the funding period said July 1 - aug 1 2018... does that mean I cant get in on the kickstarter?

20. WhenTheSkinksMarch
    Saurus

WhenTheSkinksMarch Active Member

Unfortunately no, you missed out on the kickstarter itself, but fret not! For you can still buy these amazing minis from Lost Kingdom's website directly. The only downside is that you will miss out on all the models marked as "Kickstarter exclusives."
    But yeah, everything else is available for purchase from
    http://lostkingdomminiatures.com/en/