1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Lots of Seraphon Out of Stock in the GW page

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Xlanax_lot, Jun 23, 2017.

1. Xlanax_lot
    Troglodon

Xlanax_lot Well-Known Member

Hey Guys,

Lately I have been seeing a lot of out of stock lizardman/seraphon in the GW page... do you guys think that maybe gw will be dropping the ball on us and discontinuing the line? (I am kinda freaked out by the idea, following the path of bretona and tomb kings would be the worst that could happen to us)

Or do you think it is the opposite and we will be getting an update?

Ritual likes this.
  2. Ritual
    Skar-Veteran

Ritual Well-Known Member

This question has been asked so many times.

They put full manufacturing focus into 40k over the past few months. Loads of other lines, particularly less popular ones have been dancing around the out of stock mark and just being refilled once they dipped below.

Seraphage and Xlanax_lot like this.
  3. Shawry
    Saurus

Shawry Member

If you look at it from a business point (I work in a hobby shop) you want to have space marines and stormcast 100% in stock forever.

But those side factions as much as I love my Seraphon im legit the only one that buys them from my work.

As said above 8th is out and if you dont have it in your shop, you may as well be throwing money away

Ritual and Xlanax_lot like this.
  4. scubrat
    Temple Guard

scubrat Well-Known Member

I don't think they'll be getting discontinued given that they seem to be a heavy focus in the new Total War game.

Xlanax_lot and Ritual like this.
  5. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

GW is not as some imply as a disorderly operation, their manufacturing is 6 months in advance and all new releases are planned the same way, Seraphon going out of stock will not be a discontinued line but merely a surge in orders and no stock to refill, 8th edition 40k is a massive deal so all efforts will be on that atm.

If I was a betting man I would expect something to conicide with the release of TW2

6. Skorp
    Saurus

Skorp Active Member

I've been told by GW employees they dont restock things these days until there is interest. If you want something restocked login and express interest with the email me button and ask friends to do the same for the models you want. This is how they decide to restock something.

My guess is people arent requesting seraphon stuff as much with 8th just out.

Aginor and Ritual like this.
  7. tom ndege
    Skar-Veteran

tom ndege Well-Known Member

Economically understandable... but they should somehow inform people about their new habit...

Skorp, Aginor and Ritual like this.
  8. Skorp
    Saurus

Skorp Active Member

I would say their business model relies a lot on creating the perception of low supply in order to drive up demand. People are biting their nails hoping/waiting for something to be restocked. Then it gets restocked and you're buying it right away because you are afraid they won't make it again. Maybe its not really something you need/want that much but you feel like you should buy it because you won't have a chance later. They won't change this about their website and operations.

I was told in the past they used to keep a lot more stock of stuff and they have been burned by people not buying something they made a lot of. As you said, can't blame them at the end of the day. But they do play it up a bit.

Shawry and tom ndege like this.