1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lustria's Best

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by DanBot, Aug 14, 2012.

1. DanBot
    Ripperdactil

DanBot Member

It's still going. I'm just waiting for the model to go on sale before I get too carried away.
    Should be out by now.
    http://chapterhousestudios.com/index.php?route=news/category&catid=1
    It says August, but still we wait...

I haven't forgotten or given up. Just waiting. Rest assured, I still lurk the forums daily. Most times on my phone so I am unable to post effectively. But I read most everything.

I too have a friend on the VC forum that just participated in the Christmas in August swap and such too. X_X
    I share your pain.

2. T`hinker`er
    Salamander

T`hinker`er Active Member

Hey Gang!

Hope everyone is doing well out there in Lizard land!

I just wanted you all to know that I just got my Greens back from the caster, which means that the molds are made and production is about to start up. Chapterhouse tells me that they also just today received a notice of shipment of the first kits. They want to have painted shots of the minis before they offer them for sale, so not sure how long that will take, but I'm stoked - it shouldn't be much longer now!

I'll keep you posted as I find out more :)

-Bob

3. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

Awesomeness... :smug:

4. DanBot
    Ripperdactil

DanBot Member

I'm ready. XP

5. T`hinker`er
    Salamander

Hey guys, check out the box of samples that I just got in the mail from Chapterhouse Studios! :p

2012-09-24_minisarrivefromChapterhouse_zpsdfd2fe49.jpg

As per Chapterhouse's request, as soon as I get some samples painted up and posted for their webstore these will be made available for purchase!

Danbot: since I will be painting mine before anyone, and my work will be posted on the Chapterhouse website, I guess I will not be painting a set for the painting competition and will simply be a judge.

FYI, the resin seems to be of a very high quality. Hard as plastic and very durable - not brittle at all. I haven't tried cutting it with a hobby knife yet, but as soon as I know more I'll post to my blog, which has been neglected for too long now.

P.S. - note the wedding ring :)

6. Moniker
    Kroxigor

Moniker Member

Cool! Must be neat seeing your work on sprues like that.

Also, congratulations! :)

7. DanBot
    Ripperdactil

DanBot Member

Looks pretty awesome. I can't wait. Hope it doesn't take too long. You just have to send pictures not the painted models right?

8. Ragnar
    Saurus

Ragnar New Member

Well. Now is the time to make a 24 kroxigor horde! Live the dream that a normal man never could.

Also, congrats. These models look awesome, me and 99.9999999% of the planet could not accomplish this.

9. T`hinker`er
    Salamander

Thanks guys, yeah, yesterday felt like Christmas Eve!

From what I understand, Chapterhouse wants to have them painted on the website before they make a big announcement and start selling them, but let me check. I bet they would make an exception for you guys, especially if you want to field a unit of 24 (man, that's something I'd like to see!)

:bored: :bored: :bored: :bored: :bored: :bored:

10. T`hinker`er
    Salamander

OK, good news! If anyone here want to get going right away you can order yourself these miniatures by contacting nick@chapterhousestudios.com

Cheers!

11. Lord Tsunami
    Salamander

Lord Tsunami Member

what!? only 6 ppl in the world can get their models cast!? :D

Great job mr T. Really looking forward to some nice pics of painted models :)

12. Wistrel
    Saurus

Wistrel New Member

Does anyone know if chapterhouse ship internationally? I live in the UK and really like the look of these krox! :) Good Job T'hinker'er!

13. T`hinker`er
    Salamander

Yes, they will ship them wherever you like, just email nick@chapterhousestudios.com for pricing.

14. T`hinker`er
    Salamander

Is anything happening with this?

15. DanBot
    Ripperdactil

DanBot Member

Just waiting for them to be released. Actually given thought to first place prize of either of the two. And another raffle prize exactly the same between entries. I got a prepaid $50 visa gift card for my bday that should do the trick depending of course on price and shipping. We'll see when i can get exact numbers for it after release. Dont want to make promises i cant keep. Damn international shipping.

16. T`hinker`er
    Salamander

You do realize you can get them RIGHT NOW don't you? Just email nick@chapterhousestudios.com. He will make special arrangements for folks saying they are painting these for the Lustria Online painting competition.

17. DanBot
    Ripperdactil

DanBot Member

Oh, I though that was for pre order not pre release. I'll be all over that in the AM.

18. Moniker
    Kroxigor

Moniker Member

So can we set a date for this thing?

19. Qupakoco
    Skink Chief

Qupakoco Keeper of the Dice Staff Member

The contest starts as soon as we get a model and post a picture of it, then ends 3 months after the 5th contestant has signed up (assuming I interpreted the first page correctly). Right? I'm still in. Just need to get myself a model!

20. DanBot
    Ripperdactil

DanBot Member

Well I'd think more people will get them once they are available on the site. So I really want to give 3 months to 6 months from the day they are released there. But you can email for a pre release model.

I have emailed for mine and noted about the prizes. If he says it's a go, that's what I'll be doing. I'll let you know when prices are a sure thing and the rules to go with it. It's a small prize so I assume one free model wont impair people's judgement and influence bad judging.

Also when I get the info back, I'll tell you all what they cost.