1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

7th Ed. Magic Roundup Part 6 - Restorative Spells

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Tactics' started by Caneghem, Oct 1, 2009.

1. Caneghem
    Carnasaur

Caneghem New Member

When I originally started categorizing spells, I thought more of them might fall into this category. Oh well, this will be an easy one to write. These restore wounds to wounded models, easy enough.

Gift of Life - 7+ - 12" wounded friendly model - Model regains all lost wounds
    You know, when I first started reading the big rule book a couple years back, I figured the Life magic spellbook would have a really high level spell that would resurrect a model with 1 wound on its profile. Ah well, this is pretty good, but totally different. This one makes sense as part of the anti-gunline lore, just make sure you keep your stegadons within 12" of your Slann as you advance into cannon fire. A great cannon that plunks 5 wounds onto your steg has essentially neutralized it, but this spell puts you right back in business. It lacks good range, so it really only shines when it can heal a big model up from near-death.

Healing Energy - 5+ - Any wounded friendly model, anywhere - Restores 1 wound to target.
    Here's a good healing spell.. flexible is an understatement, as it has no targeting restricions or range. That wayward skink priest who caught an arrow or that overzealous scar-vet can be made whole again for a low casting cost, no matter where they are. Don't forget to heal up vital units like your terradons, should one of them be wounded. It can help bring back wounds on a stegadon as well, though not quite as thoroughly as the Lore of Life spell.

This puts the total at 42 spells, just 6 movement spells to cover and we're done... Some of these next 6 are the best spells in the game.

2. Eternity_Warden
    Terradon

Eternity_Warden New Member

I suppose steal soul doesn't count for this section?

3. Caneghem
    Carnasaur

Caneghem New Member

Quite observant, and in my notes I have that one marked direct damage/restorative. For the purposes of Lizardmen, only the Slann will be casting steal soul. It is so extremely unlikely that he will use the spell for restorative reasons, I chose not to include that one. Really awesome direct damage spell though.

4. Eternity_Warden
    Terradon

Eternity_Warden New Member

Aha. Good work! Steal Soul is my favorite spell :bored:

5. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Hmmm I would almost just group these two with the Buff Spells... But I guess they are a little different.

6. Caneghem
    Carnasaur

Caneghem New Member

Yeah, but they're even more situational as you need to already be wounded. They're not really spells that are worth going out of your way to get a hold of.

7. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Of course that doesn't matter for a Slann that has every spell, and while you shouldn't depend on getting wounded you also cannot rely on not getting wounded. I would definitely consider their lores if I had a steg or two lumbering around, everyone wants to destroy the stegs at range. Of course it also means everyone is going to try to stop the spell going off too but oh well.

8. Cuachicqueh
    Saurus

Cuachicqueh New Member

If anything, Buff spells draw out dispel dice and scroll caddies, especially if they are concerned about your Stegadons and want them dead. Obviously, the less dispel dice your opponent has the more likely you'll get of the higher casting spells that you want. Sigh* I miss being able to take spells from any lore.... :depressed: