1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Malekith and Seraphon's

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Soinspir, Sep 20, 2019.

1. Soinspir
    Skink

Soinspir Member

I've been thinking for a while about whether there is any relationship between Malekith and our race, the Seraphons. Soon it seems that Malekith will appear again in Aos and I was wondering if he will be linked to some kind of story that relates his dragon mount (Seraphon) and our army pending renewal. What opinion do you have?

LizardWizard and Erta Wanderer like this.
  2. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

I am 99% sure they just reused the name, that's all.
    In fact I think they even did that a couple times more, reusing names for completely different stuff.

Edit: and welcome to the forums! :)

LizardWizard and Erta Wanderer like this.
  3. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Erta Wanderer Well-Known Member

i've herd the theory and think it's prity cool. it would be great to have more to do with the world then the jack all that we have now. but i think it's mostly a happy acsedent

LizardWizard likes this.
  4. Soinspir
    Skink

Soinspir Member

[QUOTE = "La verdad es que mis amigos confían en que el tema azteca que tienen los Serafones es un problema para hacer su producto y que seguramente es un ejército retirado como Bretonia, pero no habrían tomado el volumen en su día si lo hubieran hecho. eran. [/ CITA]

5. Soinspir
    Skink

Soinspir Member

The truth is that my friends trust the Aztec theme that the Seraphons have is a problem to make their product and that they have is a retired army like Bretonia, but they would not have taken the volume in their day if they had done it they were

Erta Wanderer likes this.
  6. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Erta Wanderer Well-Known Member

well the mane problem with bretonia and tomb kings is that it was all they where. we can see with bone reapers and space wolves that having an theme isn't the problem and wile lizards do have Aztec nonsense added in it's not the first thing people see and a lot of models don't have it at all

7. PabloTho
    Razordon

PabloTho Well-Known Member

It pains me to admit it, but this makes sense. GW has openly stated they aren't modeling factions on real-world cultures anymore. One would hope that Lizardmen have more emphasis on the lizards than the Aztec themes, but who could say?

Seems to me like Deepkin have a fairly strong Greek/Atlantean theme and Beastclaw have a Nordic influence - and that's before mentioning the incoming Bonereapers.

Erta Wanderer likes this.
  8. Soinspir
    Skink

Soinspir Member

I quite agree with you. But the truth is that I imagine that if they carry out a renovation in the future they will change a lot or their aesthetics or their style because they may not be able to register them as a personal brand. What brings me hope in the face of threats that the army disappears is that I see forums like this and stores with Seraphon stock sold out and I think it is a very beloved army and that they cannot simply forget and discard it. After all, they were already introduced in the Sigmar era as a distinct name "Seraphon" without changing their aesthetics or background, so I have hopes. His volume in Spanish language which is the one I use is no longer a factory, perhaps because a renovation will come soon.
    We are hopeful and maybe some worker of the Aos reads these long-awaited desires because, although we have tools to fight today, we lack countless rules and options to present a matched battle against armies like Skavens, Slaneesh, etc. Our heroes lack the characteristics that today reinforce other armies such as special saves or abilities that can give us different options in battle. Honestly, I hope a change will come soon, for better or worse, but to get us out of this uncertainty. I keep buying and investing in them without knowing if it will be worth getting excited about them since I don't like another army. I get used to these incredible Lizards.

Koriialstraz and Erta Wanderer like this.