1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

March Painting Pledge

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by asrodrig, Mar 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. asrodrig
    Carnasaur

asrodrig New Member

Okay, here is March's Painting Pledge! Here's how it works:
    At the beginning of each month, you pledge to paint something, model something, make some terrain, or really, do anything hobby-related.
    At the end of the month, post here that you have completed it along with a picture (optional, but who doesn't like showing off their work, right?). A roster will be kept so we can all see who has completed the most pledges.
    • Teh Rulez
    • All pledges must be posted in bold in this thread, so that I can easily keep track of who has pledged what.
    • All pledges must be hobby-related. It doesn't matter if it's 40K, Fantasy, or even something lame like Warmachine or Flames of War.
    • There is no limit to the size of the pledge. Anything from a lonely Skink to a full regiment is fine.
    • Pictures are encouraged, but not necessary.
    • Entries used for similar things on other forums are still acceptable, provided you completed it in the month you pledged to do it.

Pledges
    Patruck - I'm just going to pledge to assemble a box of 16 saurus.
    SeBM - I pledge to finish assembling my TG (5 out of 10) and completly assemble my Saurus Warriors regiment (20 strong)!
    Add assemble 12 skinks skirmishers as I started those before my Saurus Warriors!

novatomato - I pledge
    1. to paint my remaining 4 skink skirmishers
    2. to paint my remaining 6 Saurus Warriors.
    3. to paint my 10 Cold One Cavalry
    4. to convert and paint up a Scar Vet BSB

strewart - Fully paint 6 saurus warriors and assemble ForgeWorld Daemon Prince
    RickStah-NL - finishing 3 skink priest conversions
    Z-Ray - I Re-plege 12 saurus AND 10 skink skirmishers AND (yes folks there's more!) as atonement for failing a vow
    I'll provide a sneak peek at my secret project of over-ambition an ENTIRELY PLASTIC (and green stuff) CARNOSAUR!

n810 - I pledge to finish my Steg... Probably...
    Marsdreamer - I pledge to paint and base all my Skinks. (36 to paint, 48 to base)
    Stegadeth - Assemble and Prime my 3000 point Lizardmen Army.

Going to try to base coat 20 skinks as well.

lazylizard - I PLEDGE TO PAINT MY 10 TEMPLE GUARDS AND BASE THEM.
    blue-dragon88 - I pledge to paint my converted saurus regiment & finish converting my elite lizardmen cold one riders.
    FrozenLizards - I want to finish about 8 Jungle swarms this month. Starting late so don't want to pledge too much.
    FavoredoftheOldOnes - I pledge to finishing painting/basing 5 skink skirmishers (including highlights/touch-ups)
    Buhallin - Finish the detailing and basing on my 36 Saurus Warriors (not really much left here, just gold and teeth/claws). Does not include shields :D
    - Assemble, base, and paint 3 terradons
    - Assemble and prime the various skinks remaining for my army (howdah riders for the EotG, 10 skirmishers, 6 handlers, 3 terradon riders)

FearOfTheSkull - I pledge to base coat my 30+ skinks, and to finish my TG.
    aclaflin - I pledge to paint 3 Skink Priests (on foot), and "start" painting my Temple Guard. I also pledge to get pictures taken of my last and this month's pledge.
    Fuzoya - I pledge to paint my 2 salamanders with handlers
    b3rtil - So my goal this month is to finish my last marauder horseman and my Lord on Juggernaut.
    Little Wolf - I will paint a unit of 12 skink skirmishers
    Thunder Lizard - Assemble, prime, base and.... paint my tournament 2000pt list...,
    Exodite - mine is to paint 30 skinks and 19 saurus + a Saurus character

Completions
    Lazylizard :D
    Little Wolf :D
    FavoredoftheOldOnes :D
    blue-dragon88 :D
    SeBM :D
    Thunder Lizard :D
    n810 :D
    RickStah-NL :D

2. Stegadeth
    Temple Guard

Stegadeth New Member

Assemble and Prime my 3000 point Lizardmen Army.

Going to try to base coat 20 skinks as well.

3. Marsdreamer
    Saurus

Marsdreamer New Member

I pledge to paint and base all my Skinks. (36 to paint, 48 to base)

4. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

I pledge to finish my Steg... Probably... :p

Ps. I did get my 2 Saurus painted last month. :rolleyes:

5. Z-Ray
    Jungle Swarm

Z-Ray New Member

Just in case anybody was thinking I'd learned my lesson after last months complete failure of a vow
    (an entire month and I didn't even finish cleaning the mold lines from a single complete saurus :( )

I Re-plege 12 saurus AND 10 skink skirmishers AND (yes folks there's more!) as atonement for failing a vow
    I'll provide a sneak peek at my secret project of over-ambition an ENTIRELY PLASTIC (and green stuff) CARNOSAUR! :jawdrop:
    (Gasp! Shock! Horror! what can I be using as a base? this is madness...This is LUSTRIA!!!)

6. RickStah-NL
    Saurus

RickStah-NL New Member

haha brilliant!,

yea i also have to make up for my pledge from last month, but since i'm still not completely sure on how to do my saurus, i'll pledge to finish of my 3 converted skink priests and as an extra i'll try to finish my converted BSB ( converting and priming maybe painting but that depends on how my paint sceme is working out. )

so: 3 skink priests finished

extra: getting my BSB ready for painting.

Rick.

7. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Ay indeed what can you be using as the base? Will be very interested to see what you have come up with. Do that fellow before you start on the boring little saurus and skinks. :p

Fully paint 6 saurus warriors and assemble ForgeWorld Daemon Prince

A very bold pledge.

:D Ahhh sometimes my puns are so awesome even I have to laugh at them.

8. novatomato
    Razordon

novatomato Member

As I am in a tournament for march and I NEED to have everything painted for it I pledge
    1. to paint my remaining 4 skink skirmishers
    2. to paint my remaining 6 Saurus Warriors.
    3. to paint my 10 Cold One Cavalry
    4. to convert and paint up a Scar Vet BSB

And that needs to be done for the 20th. Not impossible.

9. Thunder Lizard
    Skink

Thunder Lizard New Member

Assemble, prime, base and.... paint my tournament 2000pt list...,

The list oldblood on carno, engine scar-vet BSB, skink preist, 17-saurus, 20-skinks, 2 sallies and skinks, 3 terradons, 5 CoC, 3 Krox. All needs to be done by the 26th....

Your Friendly "paint soaked" Thunder Lizard

10. Little Wolf
    Saurus

Little Wolf New Member

Well, I want to do 10 temple guard and 12 skink skirmishers, but as I'll be snowboarding for a week that means i have two weekends less so that's probably to ambitious. (I am slow :p). So i'll keep it to

I will paint a unit of 12 skink skirmishers

11. b3rtil
    Saurus

b3rtil Member

I have to focus on my Chaos this month. will get with my lizzys in April i hope when i get my hobby room in my new apartment ;D

So my goal this month is to finish my last marauder horseman and my Lord on Juggernaut.

All other is just a bonus if i manage to finish anything else. it's hard now with so many good games coming out ^^;

12. Fuzoya
    Skink

Fuzoya New Member

I pledge to paint my 2 salamanders with handlers

13. aclaflin
    Skink

aclaflin New Member

I've been doing well on finishing my pledges the last few months. My wife will be gone for half of this month and all of April so I'll have a month and a half of uninterrupted painting time. So for March...

I pledge to paint 3 Skink Priests (on foot), and "start" painting my Temple Guard. I also pledge to get pictures taken of my last and this month's pledge.

I just realized that once my Temple Guard (and some SCOC) are finished I will have finished (for now) painting my Lizardmen army.

I started painting January 4th and have finished so far:

Fully Painted
    1 Stegadon
    1 Skink Priest
    4 Crew

40 Saurus Warriors
    Full Command x2

30 Skinks

1 Slann

1 Saurus Scar-Veteran

3 Terradon Riders

2 Salamanders
    6 Herders

Fully Assembled/ Primed
    3 Skink Priests

6 Skinks

1 Stegadon
    1 Skink Chief
    1 Skink Priest
    4 Crew

20 Temple Guard
    Full Command

Partially Assembled (need bits)
    5 Cold One Cavalry (Minus shield arms and shields)
    Full Command

Not too shabby.

14. FearOfTheSkull
    Jungle Swarm

FearOfTheSkull New Member

Pledge for the Month

I pledge to base coat my 30+ skinks, and to finish my TG.

15. Buhallin
    Skink

Buhallin New Member

My pledge:

- Finish the detailing and basing on my 36 Saurus Warriors (not really much left here, just gold and teeth/claws). Does not include shields :D
    - Assemble, base, and paint 3 terradons
    - Assemble and prime the various skinks remaining for my army (howdah riders for the EotG, 10 skirmishers, 6 handlers, 3 terradon riders)

Aggressive, but CCC is looming, and that huge unit of saurus has proven to be as much a tarpit on the painting table as on the board. I'd like to finish the shields, but I may need a break from the mass work, so they're staying off :)

16. FavoredoftheOldOnes
    Terradon

FavoredoftheOldOnes Member

Hey everyone! New to this site and to the lizardmen army, but I certainly want to pledge!

I pledge to finishing painting/basing 5 skink skirmishers (including highlights/touch-ups)

17. FrozenLizards
    Saurus

FrozenLizards New Member

I want to finish about 8 Jungle swarms this month. Starting late so don't want to pledge too much.

18. blue-dragon88
    Skink

blue-dragon88 New Member

I pledge to paint my converted saurus regiment & finish converting my elite lizardmen cold one riders.

19. lazylizard
    Temple Guard

lazylizard New Member

I PLEDGE TO PAINT MY 10 TEMPLE GUARDS AND BASE THEM.

20. SeBM
    Terradon

SeBM New Member

I pledge to finish assembling my TG (5 out of 10) and completly assemble my Saurus Warriors regiment (20 strong)!

Nothing exeptionnal but just getting back to the hobby after 4 years aways from it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.