1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Meso-American Undead, Any ideas how to do it?

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by Scalenex, Mar 16, 2016.

1. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

So, I have been slowly working on creating jungle themed undead.

I planned to make my Grave Guard out of converted Tomb Guard. I figured their helmets would look Mayan with the right paint job. Swap the Egyptian style weapons for Saurus Weapons (probably Temple Guard Halberds). Poof! I have the Elite Maylar Guard to sub in for Tomb Guard or Grave Guard as needed.

Long ago, I decided I would not make major purchases while I had boxes and boxes of unassembled bits. Seemed reasonable at the time. "I'll buy the Tomb Guard later."

But now Games Workshop is no longer supporting Tomb Kings and now a box of Tomb Guard costs approximately one kidney.

Any thoughts on how I can complete my Maylar Guard without Tomb Kings bits?

Fluff is that long ago the Slann set up a human occupied Temple City administered by Skinks but Chaos subverted the Lizardmen/Human hybrid city. The Maylar Guard were the elite warriors of Khorne (well by the name Maylar). Centuries after their deaths, they were reanimated as elite skeletons.

How should I go about making human skeletons look both badass and Meso-American?

2. Jorgik
    Carnasaur

Jorgik Well-Known Member

Well, if you didn´t buy any tomb kings it´s going to be hard. Maybe you could search through independent shops (they don´t usually sell as much and so have more old stock) trying to find some tomb king box, but again that would only be good for 1 unit... I don´t know I heard there are some other companies who make skeletons but I don´t know any myself.
    Good luck with it.

3. Bracnos
    Carnasaur

Bracnos Well-Known Member

I think it should be easy enough, all you need is some random skeletons and then add gold bits and most of the Lizardmen bits (weapons, extra feathers, bits from various other things) and that should do you for the most part

n810 likes this.
  4. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Have you looked on the bits shop on ebay for the parts you need?

5. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

Yes, I'll keep looking, the bits shop changes often. An entire box of Tomb Guard would be nice, but all I really need is the fancy helmeted skulls.