1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fiction Metzlitlaco - Serpent Goddess of the Moon and Stars

Discussion in 'Fluff and Stories' started by Sudsinabucket, Dec 24, 2019.

1. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

Sudsinabucket Well-Known Member

Earlier today I was speaking to @Nazqua about the RPG he is running, and we were talking about my character who is a Oracle. Somehow it came about that I jokingly said "I'd love to make a new Serpent God!" And Naz said "do it" and so with his help I have created a new Old One that I am pleased to share with you. Who knows, perhaps the moon holds away over a new prophet and a new serpent for the Skaven and their master to fear....

Metzlitlaco - Serpent Goddess of the Moon, Stars and Fortune

*From the heavens came a shooting star, the 4 hermit mage priests having their meditation of millennia broken stare at it. Over time they come to realize it is not one Shooting Star, but thousands, and soon dragonfly wings of star bright glory opened up to the heavens. Soon a large serpentine body unveiled itself showing bright orbs within the feathers of a a tri split tail and star like scales down the length of the body. A large feathered serpent head with moons as eyes soon appeared from behind the wings. This was not Tepok they decided, this was another forgotten god, another Feathered and Winged Serpent Old One, she of the Stars and Moon. The Dark Moon strained a moment as if its corruption was halted, but then began corrupting moonlight all around it once more. All around them stars fell igniting the long burned out torches and braziers of the long abandoned temple city. Skaven eyes shown in the darkness below.

Finally the large serpent let out a call, the force of a sun exploding let out. Lunging forward more stars fell down from her wings upon those skaven below, the stars turning into serpents on the descent. Moments later Pure and Tainted Moonlight shown the shadows of The Great Horned Rat and The Giant Serpent locked in combat amongst the moons above.

One Mage Priest muttered a single sentence,

"Metzlitlaco has come"

In time the Skaven and Lustrias other foes will fear a new serpent, her wrath blinding in speed. The Old One of Axlotol, the Ancient Serpent of the Moon and Stars battles Morsleb and The Great Horned rat. Fighting to purify and remove the taint of Morsleb she wishes to bring back natural harmony to the winds of magic and to the planet*

Metzlitlaco is the last of three Mighty Serpent gods and also shares the Heavens with Yuxa. Metzlitlaco is the sister of the Serpent Gods Tepok and Sotek, the bridge between Magical Prowess and Physical Strength. Often fighting the Great Horned rat in the shadows, her light never fades as it guides those who follow her.

2. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

I really like this!

Nice fluff, very much looks back to some Mesoamerican-styled influences. Well done good sir :vulcan:

Imrahil, Sudsinabucket and Nazqua like this.
  3. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

Always Mesoamerixan-Styled Influences!l and I wouldn't lie if the Pokemon Dragonair also didnt have some strong influences for her and specifically her spawn which are found along the Spine of Sotek in the mountains along ancient ruins or forgotten ley lines

Very happy you enjoyed her brief introduction:)

4. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

Spawns of Metzlitlaco - Sitlunār Kōatl: Often referred to as Moon or Star Serpents, these dragon like serpents have large celestial looking dragonfly wings. The Scales of these serpents are hard as diamond that resemble glass feathers that were hardened under immense heat. When threatened these clever creatures are able to heat up and illuminate their wings so bright that it blinds and burns all those around. If this is not enough a large horn is on the forehead able to puncture most foes with ease. For larger more dangerous threats it is said in desperate times the Moon Serpents can affect the weather, creating thick mists and creating lightning strikes.

A favored hunting tactic of the moon serpent is to dive from above its prey screeching deafening sound waves, disorienting those below. After diving down and sinking its fangs into its quarry the moon serpent coils around and crushes its victim. Fairly large they are Apex Predators, able to stalk almost anything that moves in the Lustrian Jungles and mountains.

Ancient writings point to ruins along the spine of sotek as nesting grounds for these territorial creatures. If the mating season or after laying eggs, any intruders are met with deadly consequences. Sites specifically mentioned are
    The Ruined Temple of Chiquibol, The Sky Finger, Kaiax (The lost City) and Sky Watch Peaks.

Sitlunār Kōatl fGNi3lXrGkLxa7zpUqhopjTl3Q7bIoyi6HFZx_oqR4Y.png 3kcb71.jpg 20191223_213703.png 20191223_213648.png

Last edited: Dec 25, 2019