1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS MIXING DIFFERENT GENERATIONS OF MODELS

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Serabelle, Sep 14, 2017.

1. Serabelle
    Jungle Swarm

Serabelle New Member

MIXING DIFFERENT GENERATIONS OF MODELS

I own multiple Saurus Warriors from the original 1996 Edition as well as the more

recent Edition models. What is the general opinion about having Units of different

generations on the table; not in the same Unit, in separate Units? They could all

be identified as Saurus Warriors by having identical Banners for example.

Crowsfoot, Captaniser and Juxtion like this.
  2. Iblitz
    Chameleon Skink

Iblitz Well-Known Member

I play only 5th ed skinks minis, but the lack of variation or the difficulty to make me found new ones.
    So i play big units of 5th archers, a 5th stegadon, cameleon from the last edition, priest from 6th i guess (the one with stegadon helmet).
    But my astrolith is made with part of new stegadons pieces.

I got old saurus as well, i found them quiet hard to match with the new ones.
    But, in a way, if you find the correct painting schema they can make a unique cohort / bataillon in an army. (i also have an oldschool Saurus heros than can make an SunBlood or any scar vet.

Crowsfoot likes this.
  3. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Only problem I could see is in Tournaments where they all require the same bases, friendly games etc bases should be fine.

4. Iblitz
    Chameleon Skink

Iblitz Well-Known Member

I tried to set my minis on round bases.
    I check the base size on GW website.
    But sometimes, for sallies, i use different round base. I will not play in tournament (or just friendly ones).

Crowsfoot likes this.
  5. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

should be fine, the only ones were it'l matter are probably the properly high end tournaments. As long as they don't heavily differ in size or look completly alien very few people are actually going to complain...

6. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Anyone not allowing older Warhammer models (that fit of course) for playing is a dumb SOB. :)

7. Lordwoody
    Jungle Swarm

Lordwoody New Member

The GW tournaments at Nottingham don't care if you use old or new models. Not for lizardmen I admit but I've used ancient orks (small late 80s models) and marines there with no fuss.anyone not letting you use old models is being a jerk

Aginor likes this.