1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Model - Lord Mazdamundi

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by Alexander, Apr 15, 2009.

1. Alexander
    Jungle Swarm

Alexander New Member

Evening all, just wondering if anyone has put together one of the above models... Atleast in Australia (i assume its the same everywhere) there isnt a GW model for Lord Mazdamundi, is the general consensus buy a Stegadon and a Slann Mage-Priest and put them together after some coverting?

Any information from someone who has done it/can give me any hints/tips etc would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Alexander

2. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Yeah there isn't a proper model anywhere so Slann on stegadon. I haven't seen any done with the new steg yet, that would be pretty cool, but there are a few floating around with the old Slann dumped on the old steg, looks ok. One of the more interesting ones I have seen is using a Forgeworld Ork Squiggoth as the stegadon, it is a huge model. Pic below.

3. Aparach
    Troglodon

Aparach New Member

wow! awesome! Is havn't played 40k, but is that an pretty small sized squigg?

4. Scarloc
    Chameleon Skink

Scarloc New Member

You know I do not see why someone would buy such an awesome model and then do such a half butt job on coverting it. Take the squiggoth armor and make it more ornamental. Take off the entire howdath its way too orky. As he has stolen most of the new steggy kit use its howdath. Lose the throne as it is for a skink. Lose the guys carrying him and maybe have one temple guard guarding him. Cool idea on it, its just poorly done,

5. Sart
    Saurus

Sart New Member

"Nods"

6. CylonDorado
    Skink

CylonDorado New Member

What I find anying about Mazdamundi is that you really aught to buy two Slaan, in case the stegadon dies, and he's reduced to floating around again. But hey, this game is so espensive anyway.

7. asrodrig
    Carnasaur

asrodrig New Member

I'm planning on converting my 6th ed. Stegadon to a Mazdamundi model.

8. jay.sar87
    Skink

jay.sar87 New Member

I'm thinking of making my own conversion. I was going to take the steg and a slann (as it's common sense) then I'm going to convert a couple of temple guard models to hang off the side of the steg. I want them to look as though they are holding onto ropes hanging from the howdah so they can slash and hack at the smaller enemies. The howdah itself I want to rebuild completely and make it look like a mini ziggurat. I'm doing some sketches at the moment so once i get them how i want it ill post them here.

9. BezZeMad
    Cold One

BezZeMad Member

HI Guys!

Just some ideas if i remember correctly In one of my White Dwarfs ( of which I have many) Andy Hoare did a Mazdumundi conversion (this was before the current army book so no entry existed in the army list for him) and he used bits from the current Slann bits from the old Slann and some steggie bits.

Soz but I couldn't find any pictures online but here is one that looks alot like it. http://img70.imageshack.us/img70/507/mazdamundi04gl5.jpg

Hope it gives you some ideas.

Bez

P.S. as a suggestion for the site would it be possible to add the Lizardmen words into the spell checker cos' its quite annoying when Lizardmen and Slann get a wavy red line underneath them. ;)

10. strewart
    OldBlood

I think in theory it is easy to make a Mazdamundi model, but it seems very hard to get it looking really good. I haven't been overly impressed by any pics I have found so far. Tough to get him working.

@BezZeMad; it isn't the forum that has a spellchecker, it would be your web browser. All you need to do is right click on the word you want in your dictionary and there will be an option of 'add to dictionary' then the lines will stop appearing. ;)

11. Scarloc
    Chameleon Skink

Scarloc New Member

There is a really good picture of a old converted steg in white dwarf 294 page 70. I was browsing them looking for ideas and he totally rocks.

12. Scarloc
    Chameleon Skink

Scarloc New Member

Actually in WD 293 there is a full walkthrough on how they made it. They put a skink riding it though.

13. Great Lord Tlanxla
    Saurus

Great Lord Tlanxla New Member

idk the squigg and its armour just look a bit too savage to be a stegadon

14. asrodrig
    Carnasaur

asrodrig New Member

It's true. If you somehow managed to "Lizardmen" it up, it would look pretty cool, but right now it looks kinda out of place.

15. LizzyLohan
    Saurus

LizzyLohan New Member

Holy crap that thing looks awesome.

16. boreas
    Saurus

boreas New Member

mazda_small_2.jpg

Well, this one is hard to beat. Need that expensive limited-ed FW Slann, though. BTW, it's not mine, just in case someone would think this crazy idea!

Phil

Slanputin, n810 and Bracnos like this.
  17. Tepoksthirdeye
    Skink

Tepoksthirdeye New Member

Man, that Mazdamundi is amazing. Too bad the rules for him are terrible compared to a Slann anyone else can make. I'll put up the photos of mine soon, though it is definitely not as good as the above. Its all with the old models.

One day I will make one out of the new stuff... One day. ;/

18. strewart
    OldBlood

The above mazda is in the current rulebook in the Golden Daemon winners section, it is indeed a beautiful model.

19. SlanntaClause
    Carnasaur

SlanntaClause Well-Known Member

I've just started collecting Lizardmen and was wondering if anyone could post an Image of this figures old stats/rulebook page. I've been trying to google it with no luck. Thanks in advance.

20. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Haven't got the book with me but I can probably help you out here in a few hours.