1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blog Monschtah's Paint Blog

Discussion in 'Personal Paint Logs' started by Monschtah, Apr 10, 2019.

1. Monschtah
    Skink

Monschtah Member

This is a placeholder for future presentation of finished models and stuff.

The army

Slann

Saurus Oldblood on Carnosaur

Engine of the Gods

Skink Starpriest

Skink Priest

10 Skinks

10 Skinks

10 Skinks

10 Skinks

6 Terradons

2 Salamanders

2 Razordons

1 Bastiladon

Last edited: Apr 10, 2019
    Nazqua and Imrahil like this.
  2. Monschtah
    Skink

Monschtah Member

Hello everyone! I recently started collecting Seraphon by buying a Starclaw Strikehost - with more reinforcements to come.
    As I was very hyped about the latest Seraphon rumors I had an excuse to not do too much hobbystuff - I invested all the time into the research of any updates. :D

Well seems there's nothing to be hyped about in the near future anymore so time to do stuff!

This evening I grabbed my airbrush and quickly tried out a first version for my skinks (only main colours were applied - most details will be gold), I want to mention that in RL the mini looks a little greener and darker. The Scales are not white, they are painted in a very light green tone.

What do you guys think? Do I need to finish the hole model with a good picture or should I try something different?

DSC_0489[1].JPG DSC_0490[1].JPG

Imrahil, Warden, Nazqua and 1 other person like this.
  3. Monschtah
    Skink

Monschtah Member

Here is a more 'realistic' picture I took this morning.
    Please ignore the idoneth symbols in the background! ;)
    I think the journey will continue this evening, maybe some washes here and there, the golds and the base.
    IMG-20190411-WA0000.jpeg

4. Nazqua
    Carnasaur

Nazqua Well-Known Member

Looking good, really pops out with all the bright colors, the eyes are very interesting!

5. Nazqua
    Carnasaur

Nazqua Well-Known Member

is your army for games or display? if it's for play Id recommend doing your bastiladon with solar engines and terradons as rippers. rippers are just a lot better for shadowstrike starhosts and can get a lot of damage done, and if need be can still scout around the board.

6. Monschtah
    Skink

Monschtah Member

Thanks for your thoughts!

The army will be used on the table, hopefully smashing some chaotic faces! ;)
    The Bastiladon already has it's lazor on it's back (pew, pew!!), the Terradons are also already glued.

I wanted to start with a mediocre army that has the potential to evolve if neccessary. (And I don't want to hit my friends with all the cheese in the first time)
    Tbh, I'm suprised by the performance of Terradons, in the first test match against Blades of Khorne they did good. They hit hard (damage output in three different phases? yesss!).
    I guess Rippers hit even harder, but they will be a future upgrade for the army (maybe 6?)

Nazqua likes this.
  7. Nazqua
    Carnasaur

Nazqua Well-Known Member

Sounds good, you have a nice range of models. I would love to see some low effort battle reports in the battle reports section or on your blog :D are you playing age of sigmar? Im guessing so as you are going for a shadowstrike starhost

Monschtah likes this.
  8. Monschtah
    Skink

Monschtah Member

Good idea! I will post short summaries of all battles being fought between the painting updates, just to pepper it up a bit.
    (Pls mods let me know if the Minireports should be posted somwhere else) :)

1. AoS Minireport
    Seraphon vs. Blades of Khorne

Armylist Seraphon:

Oldblood on Carnosaur
    Skink Starpriest
    Skink Priest
    10 Skinks
    10 Skinks
    3 Terradons
    3 Terradons
    1 Salamander
    1 Salamander
    1 Bastiladon

Armylist Khorne:

Slaughterpriest
    Slaughterpriest
    Skulltaker
    Bloodmaster
    Bloodsecrator the "Bloodsecretary"
    20 Bloodreavers
    10 Bloodreavers
    30 Bloodletters
    Skull Altar

Summary:
    He got first turn, unfortunately I never managed to pull of a double turn. LoSaT didn’t work (I tried 2-3 times and got stuck). Bloodboil hit me hard (poor Carno! - R.I.P.), it was 16 mortal wound out of the first three Bloodboils.

- The Carno ate like a dozen Bloodreavers before he died. I forgot to use my priest and his command ability on him for maximum nomnom
    - 1 group of Terradons and a Slamander killed Skulltaker
    - The Bastiladon killed 4 Reavers and obliterated the whole blob of Bloodletters (debuffed by my Starpriest) before getting chopped to pieces by a Bloodthirster summon
    - The second group of Terradons killed one of his Slaughterpriests and his Bloodsecrator

In the end it was a bloodbath, only 10 Skinks and a single Salamander survived on my side. He had a Slaughterpriest, his Bloodmaster, few Bloodreavers(like four?) and his summoned greater Demon.

I got slightly out on top for objectives, but felt heavily butchered. In the end we had a lot of fun with our new factions.

Future Battlereports will be postet with 2-4 pictures. :cool:

Imrahil, Warden and Nazqua like this.
  9. Nazqua
    Carnasaur

Nazqua Well-Known Member

Awesome game, khornes playstyle is always a bit annoying, its just get things into combat and kill as much as you can.

Warden and Monschtah like this.
  10. Monschtah
    Skink

Monschtah Member

At the moment I'm not forcing a specific battallion - I'll try them after 4-5 games later. But shadowstrike sounds nice!

Here is the 80% finished model, I'm almost sure on the paint scheme. Tomorrow I will write down my colors and techniques. On the bases color not exactly, I think I will try wasteland colors - just to have something to compare, an alternative.

Anyways the progress for this evening, again with crappy light and sadly a bit blurry: IMG-20190411-WA0004.jpeg
    I think I need to improve on the quality...

Aginor, ravagekitteh, Imrahil and 4 others like this.
  11. Schwaaah
    Saurus

Schwaaah Active Member

Personally, I think that is looking pretty good for table top quality. Especially since you'll likely end up with 50+ of them. I am inexperienced, though, so this is kind of a blind leading the blind scenario!

Monschtah and Nazqua like this.
  12. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

Blurry photo... but it looks good! Nice work so far :artist:

Nazqua and Monschtah like this.
  13. Monschtah
    Skink

Monschtah Member

Thanks guys for your response and welcome to the blog!

By "quality" I ment the quality of the photo, I guess I have to build some kind of photo station. :confused:
    I remember some kind of semi translucent trashbin being modified...
    Quality wise for the paint job I think I'm ok with a line trooper at this level.
    Only some little details like the claws and the rope-thingy on his arm need to be reworked.
    Some pigments on the base and vegetation of some kind should do.
    The picture is all about the general color scheme.

I wanted to share it with you guys so I'm gettin more confident. Another paint scheme I got in mind is a very dark one, with osl effects on things like Bastilodon and Engine, but that would be the 3rd "dark" army I collect. Do you know somebody who painted his lizards very dark green/blue almost black?

Nazqua and Schwaaah like this.
  14. Imrahil
    Slann

Imrahil Thirtheenth Spawning

Nice work on the painting, i like the colors and dig the black eyes.
    The Battle seems like a blast ;)

Keep up the good work

Gr, Imrahil

Nazqua and Monschtah like this.