1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Monstrous arcanum

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by milman, Jan 1, 2017.

?

Best FW monster

1. Dread saurian

7 vote(s)
    77.8%
  2. Carmine dragon

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  1. milman
    Saurus

milman Active Member

I was looking at the monster models for seraphon and noticed the dread saurian from forgeworld.
    When going to the forgeworld site i saw that order only has 2 monsters.
    The dread saurian(400) and the carmine dragon(480).
    What would be the best?
    The DS can heal wounds better and had massive dmg and a lesser cost. But the CD can fly and do a range att.
    Don't forget the look,the DS fits perfect in a seraphon army,the CM...a little less.
    What monster is the best?

Bowser likes this.
  2. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

The dread saurian heals, but the dragon has shooting, flying and the ability to unbind a spell, The dread saurian has in my opinion better attack capabilities and is built to masacre hordes and monsters alike. I feel like it is more worth it's points than the carmine dragon. Just my thoughts.

milman, Lachlin and m0gstar like this.
  3. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

I'd probably go for the DS, given that it's born to accompany Lizardmen. And in the end, it's pretty brutal: run straight forward, maim and kill.
    The enemy will need to concentrate on it, and so the rest of your army can do things.

milman and Bowser like this.
  4. milman
    Saurus

milman Active Member

I do lean more towards the DS myself becaus it realy fits the seraphon so well and i don't realy like the CD model that much... but i was thinking about it becaus of the range att and that is something i lack in my army. But i just would play it fast rather than range. DS + firelance starhoste is allot coming your way fast :D

Bowser likes this.
  5. m0gstar
    Temple Guard

m0gstar Well-Known Member

I love the dread saurian. Haven't played with mine yet, but I'm sure it will be the most popular model in the entire store.. they have such a "wow factor".

On top of that they wreck face but will probably lose me a few friends in the process
    Probably going to be more of a centerpiece than a used model

milman and Bowser like this.