1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Mortal Realms

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Fer_Silfore, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Fer_Silfore
    Saurus

Fer_Silfore Member

I was wondering about how to decide mortal realms and what they do. I see them while I make my armies and while I check others armies but I have no idea how it works or how to decide them. Sorry if this was asked before or was in a GHB

Thanks

2. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

There's two bits of the mortal realms. One you get to decide on, one you don't.

The first bit is that you can claim your army is from a certain realm. In this case you can pick artifacts from this realm. You decide on this while building your list.

The second bit is that you can fight in a certain realm. This gives acces to the realm spells as well as some addititional rules that affect the battle like fireballs dropping randomly from the sky that sorta nonsense. There are no rules as far as I am aware of about how to decide this. So this you'l just have to agree upon with your opponent or ask the people at the tournament how they want you to figure out which realm it'l be.

To be honest, it's a shame you don't get the realm spells when picking what realm you're from. It'd help armies like ours, which have a lot of wizards, but no spell-lore, tremendously by making us perform more consistently as we would actually know which realmspells we have in advance so we can build around it, instead of adapting on the fly.

3. Fer_Silfore
    Saurus

Fer_Silfore Member

Awesome thank you. The only realm I saw that would benefit us, correct me ignored I’m wrong, would by Ghyran (I believe that’s spelled right) granting us an additional spell which can be cashed in for an additional 3 conjuration points

4. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

I also like some of the Hysh and Ulgu spells a lot.

5. pendrake
    Skink Priest

pendrake Well-Known Member

Do realmspells have Warscrolls like the endless spells (the ones with the models)?

6. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

A lot of the actual spells benefit us. If only cuz we lack a lore and thus lack options. Remember, we only really have like 5 spells unless we field Kroak or use endless spells. So basicly any spell is a potential usefull tool. Some realms have better stuff than others, but I don't think there's a single realm whos spells are completly pointless for us.

They're in the back of the malign sorcery book alongside the artifacts corresponding to each realm. Not really warscrolls, it looks more like the rules for arcane bolt or mystic shields in any random rulebook.

Aginor likes this.
  7. Fer_Silfore
    Saurus

Fer_Silfore Member

One more question: do any mortal realms increase the amount of spells you can cast. Example: I have a Slann so I have 3 spells a turn. If I have a realm can I have 4 spells a turn or more possibly?

8. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

if you play in Ghyran you can use a command ability to gain an additional spellcast. That's the only realm that can affect the number of spells cast in some way.

Fer_Silfore and Aginor like this.