1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Army Fluff Mutants

Discussion in 'Fluff and Stories' started by Dyrian Ryans, Jul 13, 2009.

1. Dyrian Ryans
    Skink

Dyrian Ryans New Member

Just a quick question. I had already decided on painting my Sauruses red before I got the book, and then was a bit disappointed to find out that they are all meant to be various shades of blue. So, after a bit more reading, I came across the skaven habit of poisoning spawning pools. So, with a bit of backstory, by red lizards are now viable. Blame the skaven. The spawning pools of Tzinsyl'la have been poisoned by a Pestilens rat clan and now produce far fewer Saurus, many of them malformed and stillborn. Any survivors from the spawnings emerge blood-red with the traditional blue only visible on their top-scales.

The question I want to ask is; how would other lizards react to this? Would they become outcast or ostracised and turned against as enemies? Or would they still be reacted to normally by others?

2. Barotok
    Terradon

Barotok New Member

From my reading, the lizardmen culture discards what ever is unusable. Poisoned spawning pools have been mentioned in a book somewhere before (perhaps someone knows) and seems like a valid explaination. As far as a reaction from the general LM culture, I'd say that this could be discussed at length based on your point of view and your willingness to speculate. I would tend to speculate that these 'impure' spawnings would be privately destroyed and most likely the spawning pools would be abandonded.

Have you thought about perhaps explaining the coloration as the fact that they are fanatical worshippers of the Serpent God Sotek? This may be a more feasible explaination considering that 6th edition sacred spawnings indicated that LM spawned with red or reddish marking were favored by Sotek. Just a suggestion there.

Regardless of rules or lore, you should paint your models the way you like. Ultimately that should be the most important thing. Wether or not you explain why or how you choose to explain it shouldn't change that. I should know, I don't follow the predetermined colors very well myself.

*edit* How do you guys understand me sometimes? Terrible Grammar in this one.

3. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Great answer from Baratok. Remember also that 2-3 editions ago, all Lizardmen were 'meant' to be green, GW colour scheme was green. I believe the main reason they switched over was because they already had a green army in O&G. You basically have a licence to paint them however you like, and models painted off real lizards often look very cool even if they aren't blue at all, so if you want them red then go for it. The fact that you are thinking up fluff to support their colour is an added bonus and will make your army even more unique, a slight poison in the spawning pool is a good idea, so is the idea of a sect favoured by a specific god.

4. hellbreaker
    Troglodon

hellbreaker New Member

Power to the red lizards! :smug:

Your fluff seems a tad bit better than mine thou... Mine got sunburns...(when mentioning that my argument died) o_O

So, keep on and paint them like you want. ^^

Cheers!

5. Lycanthrope
    Saurus

Lycanthrope New Member

Lolz ^^

Do like Barbatok said and call your army a sacred spawning of Sotek or something to that effect. I do like the idea of sauruses walking out of slightly diseased spawning pools though, it would likely spark some interesting debates between the Slann. ^^

6. Dyrian Ryans
    Skink

Dyrian Ryans New Member

I've decided that I kind of like the idea of slightly heretical lizards. It's a distinct possibility the the previous living generations of Tzinsyl'la tried to 'privately dispose of' this poisoned spawning and a minor civil war or at least a stand-off began in the temple-city.

The Skaven take advantage of this unexpected aspect of their poisoning and renew their assault on Tzinsyl'la, forcing the two sides to momentarily unite against a common foe. However, those of the tainted spawning, having survived the warptouched poisons of the filthy ratmen once before suffer far fewer casualities at their furry hands. After the Skavs are foced back into their lairs, the numbers of pure and tainted spawnings is far more even and, with their Slann paying no attention to their plight, cold blood is spilled on the streets of Tzinsyl'la.

Huh.

I quite like that story.

7. dhuan gor
    Saurus

dhuan gor New Member

mine LM is red to, I just have another BG for them. I'm actually about to post lol. I just read this.
    go red

8. thesheepnoob66
    Skink

thesheepnoob66 New Member

they could be blessed by sotek if you rember the previous addition those blessed by sotek were red

9. carno
    Skink

carno New Member

Seems pretty viable. But what about the slann? Are they GW or red? If red you need to come up with a reason.

:pigeon:
    :droid:
    :beaver: