1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Army

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by Deadmetal, Feb 24, 2009.

1. Deadmetal
    Saurus

Deadmetal New Member

For my first comment I'd like to say that my army pictures will be very slow in coming. I'm quite a slow painted.

Also I'd like to say that these models won't be painted amazingly. I am still a novice painter and am still at a young age (not even a teenager). :smug:

The easiest way to access my army pics will be through my signature but I will post the link every time i do a lot of work.

Apart from that every thing will be good.

Please comment freely.

Thank you!

First link: http://lizardmenpictures.webs.com/

2. Craken
    Carnasaur

Craken Well-Known Member

I think your work is excellent, especially at such a young age, I love how much effort is going into each model. Keep up the good work.

3. Revien
    Cold One

Revien New Member

Your albino scarvet looks terrific. I can never make mine work.

4. Deadmetal
    Saurus

Deadmetal New Member

I just got my Slann mage priest :D I'll post pictures once its assembled. I never really realised how small it is.

Chakax is arriving on Friday so there should be quite a few posts soon. :smug:

5. Deadmetal
    Saurus

Deadmetal New Member

OK guys. I've painted my slann's belly. plz comment.

Also, is the skink attendant meant to be a dwaf skink because my slann is the size of a skink and the attendant is a 1/4 of the size of a skink.

Link in signature.

6. asrodrig
    Carnasaur

asrodrig New Member

The belly looks a little odd. There's some weird blueness happening in the crevices. I'm not sure if you're trying to add some shading, but it just looks a little off right now. If you want that to be a little smoother looking, I suggest using the blue wash in the crevices like that.

7. Deadmetal
    Saurus

Deadmetal New Member

Well, i've finished it now. :D I'm quite proud of it. ;) The old pictures have been replaced for the completed slann. :p Now i've got to do his stand. :(

Link in signature

8. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

I wouldn't quite say you are a slow painter.. You are getting through them a lot quicker than many other people, I am extremely slow in comparison. Not quite enjoying highlighting all the stegadons individual scales, especially since I'm on the 5th highlight. :S

The Slann looks pretty cool, my only critisizm would be the orange hands and feet. They look like gloves on his hands, like he is a goal keeper, and like duck feet. Looks a touch odd. You could try blending the green to the orange, that would be pretty tough though. Or adding a bit more detail, a lighter highlight and some ink to make the shape of his hands stand out more, then they will look more like hands I think.

Also, in general on all your models, it is really worth it to water down your paints a bit before using them. They will be easier to work with and give a much smoother and nicer finish, though it may take an extra coat or two to get the desired colour it is well worth it.

9. Deadmetal
    Saurus

Deadmetal New Member

ok. I've now applied the changes that you suggested, strewart. I think it looks a lot better so thanks. :D

I'll post pictures when the throne base is done, which will be in the next few days, hopefully. Also Chakax is arriving tomorrow!!!!

10. strewart
    OldBlood

Wow, the hands look brilliant now. Great work! I'm still not convinced on the feet, but it could be just the camera angle, can't see them very well.

11. Deadmetal
    Saurus

Deadmetal New Member

ok, i'll look into what i can do with the feet.

This may seem like a silly question but how do people paint their stone/rocks like on the palanquin? I've tried about three times and i cant really get 1 i like.

12. strewart
    OldBlood

I don't quite know what you mean.. With the detail showing? You seem to have that on the pic of yours, it is just putting some black ink on the model then drybrushing so you don't get paint into the cracks. Or you mean the actual colour? Use grey instead of the colour you are using. I would use codex grey, drybrushed with fortress grey, then thin coat of black ink, then further highlight with fortress grey or a mixture of the two if I wanted a bit darker.

13. asrodrig
    Carnasaur

asrodrig New Member

I would be more inclined to start with a coat of Charadon Granite, then Codex Gray and Fortress Gray.

14. Deadmetal
    Saurus

Deadmetal New Member

Strewart, that's what i've been doing and i'm not really happy with it. I've now come up with mixing a dark grey and then dry brushing it with codex grey. Please tell me what you think, link is in signature.

15. strewart
    OldBlood

It is hard to tell on the palanquin, because of the lighting and slann on it, does it look the same as the back piece? If so, I quite like the colour on the back piece, I would probably make mine a touch lighter but really stones can be any kind of grey and even sand coloured.

16. Deadmetal
    Saurus

Deadmetal New Member

yeah the palanquin and the back piece are different. I'm going for the back piece colour scheme and i have stripped the paint of the palanquin. Also i've painted a bit of Chakax and will post pictures soon. :smug:

17. Deadmetal
    Saurus

Deadmetal New Member

just a slann palanquin and Chakax update.

18. Deadmetal
    Saurus

Deadmetal New Member

Chakax is almost done now :smug: . he just needs a couple of ornaments and detail done. Oh yes, and his base. Not really sure about his sun-star mace though.

Plz comment

Link in signature

19. strewart
    OldBlood

Looks like he is coming along pretty well.

20. MrPeaBuddy
    Saurus

MrPeaBuddy New Member

what's even more amazing than your painting, is the fact that you've made a website!!! :jawdrop: specifically for your lizzies!!! i could only make one when i was 15 so nice work with that aswell