1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. My first crack at Lizardmen on a budget...2500pts

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Army Lists' started by Wargamer, Oct 20, 2010.

1. rammramm
    Chameleon Skink

rammramm New Member

Sory to give an unsatisfying answer, but what you should do is buy another pack of saurus.
    2 blocks of 18 wont cut it in a big game where you will be facing a lot more infantry. I say buy a new box and beef upp your 2 regiments.

If the money just isnt there then I would go for shields all around on the saurus. Works nicely when charged and the blowpipe is (in my opinion) invaluable for the times when you get to fly your darts against giants, warmachines or other high-toughness opponents.

2. Wargamer
    Skink

Wargamer New Member

But making them 24 is adding around 100 more points.

I still think 5 wide Saurus are just as good as 6 Wide. For a few points more, be it from 18 to 20 or 24 to 25, you get a full extra rank but loose 3 attacks, ranks are important in 8th where both sides are fighting in 2 or more ranks. Maybe I'll run them 20 man each, 5x4 formation for now.

3. SeBM
    Terradon

SeBM New Member

I used 2 units of 30 last time vs Chaos Daemons, units were 5 wide x 6 deep. Both units never broke due to having more ranks and it alllowed me to get the support I needed. Also, 5 or 6 wide units are easier to get through the board and horde units are that effective since they can't get all their frontage to attack.

4. Wargamer
    Skink

Wargamer New Member

Yeah, the only way I now see 10 wide units strongly viable are in gunlines, as they'll get out every shot in the front, and even then, the don't benefit from hordes rules.

5. Gop
    Skink

Gop New Member

Its a lot harder now trying to squeeze in enough core when there is the new minimum points rule...