1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS My first fifteen hundred point game...

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Christopher, Dec 10, 2017.

1. Christopher
    Terradon

Christopher Well-Known Member

Well, now I need a 1500 point army for my shop’s escalation league. I have a feeling this is a case of “just because you can do something doesn’t mean you should,” but here’s my first pass.

Eternity Starhost—130
    --> Eternity Warden (Leader, bearing the Coronal Shield Artefact)—140
    --> 5 Saurus Guards, 1 equipped with Wardrums (Battleline)—100
    --> 5 Saurus Guards, 1 equipped with Stardrake Icon (Battleline)—100
    --> 5 Saurus Guards (Battleline)—100

Sunclaw Starhost—130
    --> Saurus Sunblood (Leader, bearing the Blade of Realities Artefact)—120
    --> 10 Saurus Warriors, 1 equipped with Stardrake Icon, 9 armed with Spears (Battleline)—100
    --> 10 Saurus Warriors, 1 equipped with Wardrums, 9 armed with Clubs (Battleline)—100
    --> 10 Saurus Warriors, 6 armed with Spears, 4 armed with Clubs (Battleline)—100

Saurus Scar-Veteran on Carnosaur (Leader, General, armed with War-spear, Thickly Scaled Hide Command Trait)—240
    Skink Starpriest (Leader, bearing the Light of Dracothion Artefact)—80
    Razordon (Artillery)—40

Total: 1480 points

What I like about this is that it features the one unit in my army that might be able to go up against my usual opponent’s Vampire Lord on Zombie Dragon and last more than a round, my Saurus Scar-Veteran on Carnosaur. But he’s still giving away 200 points to that thing. I’ve also heard that sometimes my opponent, once it gets up to these point levels, only fields Nagash and then just summons whatever he feels like he needs. I suppose I could play that same trick with Lord Kroak, but I lack the experience with my units and their interactions my opponent has, and feel like it would be frustrating.

Anyway, I also like the battlefield control the Eternal Starhost gives me, and the freedom to move around units I’ve lacked so far from the Sunclaw Starhost. I’ve been hesitant to split up my Eternal Starhost because of the benefits they gain from not moving and staying close to the Eternity Warden, but the Sunclaws look better able to operate split up. And the Saurus Sunblood himself potentially packs some pretty serious offensive wallop, something I’ve not had so far.

I would keep the Skink Starpriest close to the Eternal Starhost for counterspelling and buffing, try to move the Razordon around with Lords of Space and Time on harassment/hit and run duty, and, well, I don’t really know what I’d do with the General. Maybe try to position him to draw out that Vampire Lord on Zombie Dragon where both he and one of the Starhosts could unload on it and pray that I can take it out in one round, I guess.

What I don’t like about this is the almost total lack of missile weapons and how relatively slow it is. I’m used to fighting highly mobile flying Heroes and flying Morghast Harbingers that can charge up to 18”. I think I’m likely to get mired down trying to seize objectives that will take me two or three turns to reach, and then I’m likely to be trying to fight it out for them with reduced units.

Maybe I should take my Stegadon instead of the Carnosaur and make the Skink Starpriest my General, like I have been doing. That would at least give me a ranged shot with the Skystreak Bow.

I just don’t know. Which is, I suppose, why I’m here!

I’m once again including a roster of all the models I own and how they’re built below my signature. Note that this one is slightly different than the one I included in my earlier thousand point thread because once I dug out my Carnosaur I saw that I had a different guy riding him than I’d remembered. I also provided a couple of extra details on how various units are built/armed.

Cheers,

Christopher

------

Bastiladon—1—built with Solar Engine
    Chameleon Skinks—5
    Kroxigor—3—need to be built
    Lord Kroak—1—needs to be built
    Razordon—1
    Ripperdactyl Riders—3
    Salamander—1
    Saurus Astrolith Bearer—1—needs to be built
    Saurus Knights/Cavalry—8—1 built with Stardrake Icon, 1 built with Wardrums, 5 built with Celestite Blades
    Saurus Eternity Warden—1
    Saurus Guard—15—12 built with Celestite Polearms, 1 built as an Alpha Guardian with same, 1 built with Wardrums, 1 built with Stardrake Icon
    Saurus Oldblood—1
    Saurus Scar-Veteran on Carnosaur—1—built with Celestite War-spear
    Saurus Scar-Veteran on Cold One—1
    Saurus Sunblood—1
    Saurus Warriors—32—1 built with Stardrake Icon, 1 built with Wardrums, 15 built with Celestite Clubs, 15 built with Celestite Spears
    Skink Handlers—6
    Skink Priest with Feathered Cloak—1
    Skink Starpriest—1
    Skinks—24—19 built with Boltspitters and Star-bucklers, 5 built with Meteoric Javelins and Star-bucklers
    Slann Starmaster—1
    Stegadon—1—built with Skystreak Bow and carrying a Skink Alpha

Captaniser likes this.