1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

9th Age My first small army list (1250)

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Army Lists' started by Gianluca, Jun 29, 2016.

1. Gianluca
    Jungle Swarm

Gianluca New Member

Hi there!
    As I said in my introduction, I am a new saurian player, and this is my first list!
    My main purpose is collection, but my friends decided to play, so I have to build a small warband using 9th ed rules.

I tried a starting list, considering that I have to play against vampire count and Bretonnia.
    Since I am total new I fear I committed some bad error in listing, so feel free to give me your best advices :)

Heroes (520pts)---------------------------------------
    Saurian Veteran (190pts)
    Bluffer's Helm , Light Armour , Shield , Sword of Strength, mounted on Raptor

Skink Captain (330pts)
    Blowpipe, Light Armour, Battle Standard Bearer,
    mounted on Ancient Taurosaur, 2x Giant Blowpipe, Sharp Horns, 4x Skink

Core (465pts)-----------------------------------------
    Saurian Warriors (205pts)

Champion,Standard Bearer,15x Saurian Warriors, shields, spear, serpent warrior (fight in extra rank)

Skink Braves (260pts)

2x Caiman, replace javalin with Poisoned Javalin, 20x Skink Brave, Standard Bearer,

Rare (260pts)----------------------------------------
    Stygiosaur (140pts)

Breath Weapon (Toxic Attacks), Skink Rider

Weapon Beasts (120pts)
    Spearback x2

This, in my intention, is the list to face vampire count.
    I know he play 2x skeletons, 1 x zombie (i focused on spearback and giant blowpipes dor this) 1x grave guard, and some zombie wolves and black knights (5) (for that I use spear) and a vampire on monstrous revenant.
    A lot of units, but small in size I suppose, since he play 3 character.

I know I have too few core units, but in only 1250 I have no space, and I wouldn't neglect characters. My main problem will be the vampire with WS8, almost unhittable for my WS5 saurus, but I focused on build up a thought general, with high Armour Save, since the bat will only have S5

A question: how does it work Stygiosaurus? Is, the mounted skink, able to cast spells? Why 2 spells are listed under stygio's rooster sheet ( Wizard Conlave lev 2) ? I took it to have a little magic, but I could be wrong!

Thanks to all gentle people who will help me face the undead threat!

2. Rokanos
    Kroxigor

Rokanos Well-Known Member

list looks fine, although you may want to get rid of the saurian warriors altogether and just take more units of skinks.

As it was explained to me - the Styg does NOT get the spells unless you pay for the champion upgrade.

Also be aware that vampire characters are combat machines and your general will not be able to stand toe to toe with him most likely.

If you do decide to keep the saurus, I'd run your saurian vet (assuming he's your general) with them.

Gianluca likes this.
  3. Gianluca
    Jungle Swarm

Gianluca New Member

Yeah, the saurian veteran will be 95% inside the saurian warriors squad. I don't think the vampire will have any strenght bonus, so I hope my defensive build will help to stand against him. Otherwise, how can I take care of a vampire? I mean, should I completely ignore him?
    Fo the stygio, I will wait for more feedback, but it seems possible your version, thanks!

4. Rokanos
    Kroxigor

Rokanos Well-Known Member

The champion upgrade is actually worth the 60pts considering it gets two spells and +1W to the model (the champion itself also benefits from normal champion rules). You can find the rules for the conclave in the 9th age rules where it explains.

As for how to deal with the vampire...it's hard to say without knowing his equipment, but just keep in mind that vamps are high initiative with a good amount of attacks and initiative.

Gianluca likes this.