1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My revered guardian (WIP)

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by naddan, Nov 9, 2019.

1. naddan
    Skink

naddan Member

Hello everyone

I began playing Warhammer in 7th edition (even though I play 6th actually) with Lizardmen and I always loved Alex Boyd's paintings!
    So I'm trying to make the revered guardian for my army like in the painting (pose and details).
    The pieces I've done so far:

Head: I must sculpt the whole missing helmet part (the part on the crest) and clean it.

Shield: I must sculpt and attach the golden hook detail and use green stuff to make better strings for the skulls and for the hook attachment.

Arm: will assemble and then use green stuff to make sure it's all plain.

I don't know what to do with the body, I chose the one in the picture and I will sculpt the chest plate and the shoulder pads (using the saurus shoulder pads as base) I guess, but I wanted to remake the legs, but how? Transplant from another kit? Which one?
    Any tips?
    What do you think?

Attached Files:

2. King Dust
    Saurus

King Dust Well-Known Member

The new blood bowl kit has great saurus legs imo

3. naddan
    Skink

naddan Member

Late post weekend update

Chestplate done, shield done (must smooth some area) and bone helmet done.
    I also added another decoration which needs the sculpted attachment and then I had an accident and I compromised the eye so I decided to make him a veteran guard with one eye because after all it's not so similar to the illustration, it's just a dumb tribute :p
    Now I must do the shoulders and the the shoulder plates etc...

Attached Files:

Lium, Cageyblood, Crowsfoot and 2 others like this.