1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS My Searaphons will join with Storm cast to face grand alliance death

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by samheim, Aug 19, 2019.

1. samheim
    Ripperdactil

samheim Well-Known Member

Guys,

I am something I thought I would never be. A Lizard man fan!

But... I am not sure about buying any more Seraphon models until the new battle tomb comes out, because I want to see if new Saurus models are incoming.

Here is my plan,

I am going to use my 500 points with of get start collecting Seraphon with my Storm Cast to make 1500 points for open play.

Then for the Night Haunt army, I am going to scrap that and instead run legions of Nagash.

The reason for this is I am going to add a Vampire Lord on Zombie Dragon <3!

https://www.games-workshop.com/reso...207035_FleshEatersVampireonZombieDragon01.jpg

I have to say this is one of my favourite models that Games Workshop make, and if I have to throw away the ghouls and crypt horrors that come with the box, so be it.

What I like best about the model, is how the Vampire lord feels really foreboding and powerful.

On a recent game I played with Night Haunt, I found out if they are played in a death star formation with the spirit torment and guardian of souls buffs, they can actually do some damage.

Combined attacks from a Lord Executioner, Knight of Shrouds on ethereal steed and 10 Glaith wraith stalkers were able to knock out a big unit of Sequitors in about 2 combats.

But then again will the vlozd over power the game? I would consider the start collecting malignants box set and playing as Legion of grief.

But to be honest, feel like going in a more zombie + skeleton direction. Wish it was like WHFB days where undead was a mix of Ethereal, zombies and ghouls.

LizardWizard likes this.
  2. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Erta Wanderer Well-Known Member

they moved all the ghosts over to night haunt throw in some banshees or spirit hosts if you want ethereal solders most places wold even let you run them as scelies if you made it clear it was just for aesthetic.

3. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Isn't it still allowed to take them as allies? Not sure as I don't have my LoN book with me.

4. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

yes/no it's complicated they keep changing the rules to prevent night haunt from having acses to necromancers

Aginor likes this.
  5. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

I though Nagash could use the nighthaunt but then has his own allegiance abilities (so no extra attacks on long charges and such)

6. samheim
    Ripperdactil

Just played first battle against Seraphons.

I was Nighthaunt. I won!

The troglodon moved in, and on its own killed 10 Glavewraith stalkers.

But my guardian of souls managed to run away. My grimghast reapers, killed off all the Saurus knights, warriors and general. And then the Spirit torment killed the Troglodon in 2 turns. He did die to last Saurus knights though.

The Nighthaunt healing is really effective in the late game. Only bringing back a few models or wounds makes a really big difference when there are not many models on the board.

To be fair, the Seraphon really do depend on their Bastilidons and Salamanders to shoot enemy hero's, which I don't have so they were at disadvantage.

Erta Wanderer likes this.
  7. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

well mainly we need a slann to replenish loses and get the engine going salamanders wouldn't help against night haunt they are rend immune. we don't kill things at least not any more we have to play the field that sead good job im glad you had fun

8. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Fighting Nighthaunt is an uphill battle for Seraphon.
    Seraphon don't have the volume of attacks and cannot use their rend, while Nighthaubt replenishes pretty well.

Erta Wanderer likes this.
  9. samheim
    Ripperdactil

The battle made me more excited about Seraphon though!

I plan to expand my Seraphon troops, probably going to go with another start collecting box, and do some conversions to make a Skink Star Seer using the spare seat I have from the Scar veteran on Carnosaur parts I have that I used to build the Trogolodon instead with.

Also will make the priest and the star priest.

I don't really have the budget for a Slann, because it's expensive and resin. If it was plastic, then maybe.

The Troglodon was really good, it can put out a lot of damage with it's venomous bite. But then the Spirit Torment is really good as well with it's -2 rend and D3 wounds.

Against Stormcast my Nighthaunt fared very badly, because the Stormcast can just shoot all the leaders from far away.

Canas and Erta Wanderer like this.