1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS My second army

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by DeathBringer125, Oct 30, 2018.

Tags:
  1. DeathBringer125
    Carnasaur

DeathBringer125 Well-Known Member

Also in my build instead of an akhelian King I will use volturnos. That puts me at 1000 exactly.

LizardWizard likes this.
  2. GuaDan
    Kroxigor

GuaDan Well-Known Member

Does anybody have similar suggestions on a cheap and smart way to start Nurgle, Sylvaneth o even Nighthaunt? How is Sylvaneth going in 2.0?

LizardWizard likes this.
  3. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

The cheapest way to start nighthaunt is to divide with a friend the soul wars box...

GuaDan and LizardWizard like this.
  4. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

If you go Nurgle I would go Nurgle Mortals with maybe a few supporting demons. Sadly there is no Nurgle Mortals SCBox. Nurgle Demons are viable though, but you pretty much have to play Tallyband to make them work.

Sylvaneth are pretty strong. Their single drop wargrove list is brutal board control with dryad spam. And, Alarielle is finally worth putting on the table, which is a very welcomed change.

Nighthaunt is definitely the strongest of the three armies. Like @Killer Angel suggested, there is an abundance of Soul Wars boxes available. The SC Malignants is also a good start. Hexwraiths and Spirithost are strong atm.

GuaDan likes this.
  5. GuaDan
    Kroxigor

GuaDan Well-Known Member

Problem with nighthaunt is that everybody plays them and nobody wants the sormcast part of the set lol. But I have accesso to a single start collecting malignant for cheap. I love the model range and the playstyle, and they are really really strong. I was also thinking about starting with mixed death and the split in legions of sacrament and nighthaunt (but don't want to paint that many skeletons).

Nurgle seems like the most expensive, and I like daemons more than mortals, so I'll pass.

Sylvaneth is a good compromise. I like the style of the models (a lot of room for season themes, foliage etc), Alarielle is glorious and strong and I can buy 2 SC boxes at half price. Maybe it is even worth buying 3? If yes what after that?

LizardWizard likes this.
  6. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

It really is. You can build the Treelords and a Spirit of Durthu. You will need soo sooo sooooo soooooooo many Dyrads. Convert one of the SCbox Branchwychs into a Branchwraith. There is also a new box set of Citadel Woods releasing very soon. It might just be a bundle box vs a discounted collection box though. Still, you might be able to get your Wildwoods cheaper.

GuaDan likes this.
  7. DeathBringer125
    Carnasaur

Hey would it be worth it for me to do that split collecting box idea with my friend who wants undead. Because Stormcast can be allied with idoneth deepkin and seraphon. Plus that darn ballista is epic lol. How efficient would these guys be with seraphon or idoneth deepkin?

LizardWizard likes this.
  8. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

I would certainly consider it. Knight-Incantors are very stong and so is the Balista. Sequirtors are awesome units, but you won't be able to use them as battleline allies since they require a Lord Arcanum as your General to become battleline. You can however pick up a Knight Incantor for only $8.00 USD if you buy the new Getting Started with Age of Sigmar booklet. A Celestar Ballista only cost $25.00 USD on its own.

9. DeathBringer125
    Carnasaur

Also me and my friend are thinking maybe instead we will get soul wars box. My one friend will pay 36 dollars and get all the books (minus core rulebook I think) and I will pay 50 for the Stormcast and my other friend will pay 50 for the nighthaunt. Would this be worth it? Even though I can’t make most use of all these with my other factions I would still have a 1k point army.

LizardWizard likes this.
  10. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

For $50 USD I would buy either half of the model set from Soul Wars any day.

11. DeathBringer125
    Carnasaur

Yeah that’s what I was thinking. If my friend is willing I will definitely do that. Plus then I have a 1k Stormcast army which means I will technically have two armies.

LizardWizard likes this.