1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Tired of the same old Slann pose? Or just want to show off your painting skills. Why not try entering your own version to the Golden Slann competition - Click here for more info.
    Dismiss Notice

Blog Mythgital's Lizardmen and other races

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by little-myth, May 23, 2015.

1. little-myth
    Terradon

little-myth Well-Known Member

Actually if would, maybe remove the legs and replace where the wings go with wings from the griffon kit, then it would mean working out and attaching the body to the rock

2. Fulcrum
    Saurus

Fulcrum Active Member

If you really wanted to make it simple, just adding some feathers here and there would sell it too I think.

little-myth likes this.
  3. little-myth
    Terradon

Seeing all the converted models made of dinosaur toys wanted me to jump on that wagon, but being mostly a person that plays down a GW store proxies of such things aren't usually allowed. Still I went and ordered myself a dinosaur for the model work, got it in the mail today. I didn't knew it was a schleich one until I saw the labels, haha there is me focusing on the Papo dinosaurs to forget some of the existing dinosaurs from that collection.

At the moment deciding on which base to use and where to begin really, as it's my first time.
    IMG_20171214_140609846.jpg

4. Aginor
    Skar-Veteran

Aginor Well-Known Member

That's a nice Dimetrodon model. I saw it at my local toy store and thought "Dammit why isn't this smaller, it would be such a great Salamander"

little-myth likes this.
  5. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

What I do when using a plastic dino is think what do I want from it, is it a mount, is it going to be part of a pack etc.

little-myth likes this.
  6. little-myth
    Terradon

@Aginor Yeah there aren't many good looking Dimetrodons around that are Salamander size, so I'm making a giant Salamander.

Planning on making it as a giant Salamander to go in the middle of the others, debating whether to make a special handler for it.
    Now mostly thinking do I have to keep the paint on and just spray over, not sure if using paint stripper will melt the toy.

Crowsfoot likes this.
  7. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

They spray over ok but use an acrylic car primer as they dry and allow for a little flex.

little-myth likes this.
  8. little-myth
    Terradon

Many thanks, will have to ask my dad if has any spare. Will also have to wait for the warmer weather too, freezing out in the shed when it comes to spraying

Crowsfoot likes this.