1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nakai the Wanderer - Model

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by Deadmetal, May 7, 2009.

1. Deadmetal
    Saurus

Deadmetal New Member

Nakai the Wanderer is the only character that games workshop didn't make a new set of rules for in the latest book... i wonder why?

Anyway... i was wondering what a good model would be for Nakai. I'm currently considering using a Reaper reptus model:

14351_G.jpg

I also found this Lizardmen sculpture maker who makes quite cool kroigors but he looks very expensive. Thats one good thing about most of Reaper's miniatures.. They're cheap. Anyway... here is the link this guys cool looking Nakai, my URLs are off and i don't know how to turn them on so i'll just post the link:

http://www.coolminiornot.com/162293

2. Sart
    Saurus

Sart New Member

Thats the model I am using for my Scar Vet hehe :p

3. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Yeah that reaper model is pretty cool. I think I have seen the second guy's sculpting before, and I guess he does have to make the prices a touch more if he is basically making them from home. Toss up between price and what you want your models to look like I guess.

4. asrodrig
    Carnasaur

asrodrig New Member

Ya that's Rikard from The Pyramid Vault. He has all sorts of handy threads on how to sculpt stuff.
    As for using stuff like Reptus minis, I'm personally against it because I really don't like the look of 'em, but it's up to you.

5. Craken
    Carnasaur

Craken Well-Known Member

That model there will be too small to use as a Kroxigor, I have a bunch of them and they can only be used as Saurus the base they have him standing on is a saurus base.

6. Craken
    Carnasaur

Craken Well-Known Member

This is the one I'm waiting for it will eventually be released here http://trollsforge.com/

7. Aranigej
    Temple Guard

Aranigej Member

Wow!!! Now that's what I call a krox! Suitable model for Nakai!

8. lupercal
    Kroxigor

lupercal New Member

that is a awesome model not to mention why did we not get a a kroxigar character slot it isn't like it is unprecedented i mean the beastmen got doombulls so why don't we get kroxigar characters but that is a different topic for a different thread

9. SlipKnoT
    Skink

SlipKnoT New Member

The model is amasing, only think i dont like is his head, it remins me on T-Rex. :D

10. Craken
    Carnasaur

Craken Well-Known Member

I like the T-Rex head personally :)

11. Aranigej
    Temple Guard

Aranigej Member

Yep, must agree with Craken on this, the T-Rex head makes the model much more fearsome. Tried looking for it on the link posted but could not find it.

12. Deadmetal
    Saurus

Deadmetal New Member

That model might actually be one of Rikard's.

This is the web address to a WarSeer topic about Rikard's Kroxigors:

http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64880

If you click on "Want to know what I have been sculpting? Then look HERE" in his signature then click on gallary then go down. On the 4th row, 2 from the left there exactly the same picture as the one you're posted.

13. Craken
    Carnasaur

Craken Well-Known Member

14. strewart
    OldBlood

Hm I can't find the kroxigor anywhere on there for sale, it is just mentioned in an old news post. Is he selling it do you know?

15. Craken
    Carnasaur

Craken Well-Known Member

He's not finished being molded yet, aparantly. If you look at the homepage and scroll down a bit you can see them casting him.

16. Deadmetal
    Saurus

Deadmetal New Member

Well... the kroxigor that Craken wanted is now out... but its 5 inches high... I think that's a bit big for Nakai the Wanderer... apparently its meant to be a sun god. There is also a saurus out that i might get.

17. asrodrig
    Carnasaur

asrodrig New Member

As a general rule, I never use any non-GW models, but I still think these look cool. 8)

18. strewart
    OldBlood

You need to remember that they said the 5 inches is from the bottom of the base to the top of the weapon, and the weapon is being help above the models head. The actual scale of the model may not be too far off, though it can be very hard to tell from just photos.

19. asrodrig
    Carnasaur

asrodrig New Member

Five inches is quite a bit, Strewart. That's about the length (not the height) of a Carnosaur model, if my guesstimation skills are up to par. If an in-scale Kroxigor was five inches tall, he'd have to be holding a weapon about three and a half inches tall.