1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need advice on a "wedding" project

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by Nacho, Oct 14, 2018.

1. Nacho
    Skink

Nacho Member

Hello everyone

My best friend is getting married in June next year, and I want to make him something special.

I was thinking of buying him a couple miniatures of a bride and groom, convert them a little and let my other friends paint them (because i suck at painting), but i have only found 1 bride and groom figure in 28 mm scale, and i don't really like them.

So, I've started thinking that i could heavily convert a couple fantasy figures, so he can use them in his army, as he is starting to collect Kharadron Overlords, or in Frostgrave, the other miniature game he usually plays, and Frostgrave allows for a more personal look on the members of the warband.

I say convert because i can't sculpt a face to save my life (i wish i coulod sculpt like some of you do, in which case i would make the miniatures myself), and i think converting an existing couple of miniatures to give them a wedding tuxedo and a weeding dress is something i can pull off quite nicely given the limited time i have.

The problem is that I actually don't really know many miniatures companies outside of GW and some others that my LGS (local game store) have access to, so I'm at a loss when it comes to look for "cute" figures that would make. I thought maybe Carnevale miniatures (but they are out of stock until the new game comes out), or something like that, maybe some noble woman from Game of Thrones miniatures, maybe some elven princess for the bride, and convert an arkanaut admiral to have a tuxedo.

So, do you know any miniature I could use to do something like that? Or If you have done something similar in the past, how did you do it? Thanks a lot.

LizardWizard likes this.