1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need clarification with mounts and BSB

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by superskink3000, Feb 28, 2010.

1. superskink3000
    Saurus

superskink3000 New Member

I'm asking anyone out there for some help with clarifying some rules. Firstly, can a character with a normal mount (cold one) join a unit of infantry and vice-versa? Also, can a BSB take a shield? I always thought they couldn't because they held the standard in one hand and their weapon in the other. If someone could help me with this it would help me a lot.

Thanks in advance.

2. Craken
    Carnasaur

Craken Well-Known Member

Yes a mounted character can join any unit his movement goes down to the movement of unit hes in, and if he goes in a faster unit they slow to his movement.

Yes BSB can carry, shields, gw, spears ect. Only stipulation is he can't carry magic items if he has a magic banner.

3. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Even a character on a steg can join units since it becomes a monstrous mount rather than a monster. The only restriction is that flying mounts cannot join anything, with a couple of exceptions in the game like terradons.

BSBs used to be restricted in what they could hold, but from the HE book forward there has been no restriction mentioned.

4. superskink3000
    Saurus

superskink3000 New Member

that makes sense. ive been reading all of these posts with characters on CO in saurus units and have been really confused. thanks