1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Need help 1250 summoning list!

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by NorthernLizardLord, Oct 26, 2019.

1. NorthernLizardLord
    Skink

NorthernLizardLord New Member

Hey Everyone,

I'm looking to buy some extra stuff to supplement the models I already have to make a competitive summoning list.

I have a Skink Starpirest and 2 Start Collecting! boxes (I'm going to do the Astrolith Bearer conversion).I'm going to buy a Slann (duh) but I was wondering two things:

1) What would be best to take in the army as the battleline? Should I go firelance and take a few units of knights? Do i take a blob of Saurus? Or do I go for hitters and summon the battlelines? What has been a better strategy for guys?

2) Which units should I buy for summons? I'm not super rich so maybe not a behemoth, but I could swing a razordon or two or something else around that price range. or would getting a box of skinks or two be worth it?

Thanks ahead of time for all the help.

2. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Erta Wanderer Well-Known Member

for battle line our only current options are skinks and knights the other saurus are bad knights are tankier then skinks but not by much and they can actualy do damage but skinks are the better option with their movement shenanigans. it does take skill to use them you need to practice positioning and skreening. make good use of your teleports we arn't a army that can get stuck in there and fight.

a lot of units are good for summoning yes skinks are the best option for summoning half the time just drown your foe in bodies you will need a lot of them most people have between 100-200. razodons are also a good pick. it's best to run 3 3 man units this is expensive but you can make much cheeper conversions using the cold ones from the knight kit. other more nesh picks are stegadons with flame throwers, chamelion skinks to stelth grab objectives and heroes to replace losses

Lizerd and NorthernLizardLord like this.
  3. NorthernLizardLord
    Skink

Thanks for the feedback Erta! I'll start by getting a few boxes of skinks and just out-body my opponents.

I was thinking of going with a list like:

Slann Starmaster (260)
    - General
    - Command Trait : Great Rememberer
    - Artefact : Incandescent Rectrices
    - Spell : Stellar Tempest

Saurus Astrolith Bearer (160)

Skink Starpriest (80)
    - Spell : Stellar Tempest

Saurus Scar-Veteran on Cold One (100)
    - Artefact : Blade of Realities

UNITS
    5 x Saurus Knights (80)
    - Blades
    5 x Saurus Knights (80)
    - Blades
    5 x Saurus Knights (80)
    - Blades
    20 x Skinks (140)
    - Meteoric Javelins & Star Bucklers

BATTALIONS
    Firelance Starhost (150)

ENDLESS SPELLS / TERRAIN / COMMAND POINTS
    Chronomantic Cogs (80)
    Balewind Vortex (40)

A blob of skinks, a hard hitting battalion, all the summoning and spellcasting needed plus the endless spells for some good fun. How does that look?

Dragvindel and Lizerd like this.
  4. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

for the most part good i would change around some artifacts declare yourself from shyish and have your slann hold the ethereal amulet this makes him immune to rend and with a 3+ rerolling save from cogwind he is really hard to remove. then have your saurus use the prismatic shield he is not a damage hero and even with rend 2 he only does 0-3 damage with the shield he can charge in with your knights and protect them.

Lizerd likes this.
  5. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

For battlelines, yes, skinks and knights are our best troops.
    Usually i take knights and eventually summon skinks later on, when their wary fighter ability comes useful for late objectives.
    But it mostly depends on what battalion you pick: if you go shadowtrike, then go skinks. If you go DT, then it's firelance & knights.

6. TheLibr4rian
    Jungle Swarm

TheLibr4rian New Member

I have similar questions as NorthernLizardLord.
    I'm build my first Seraphon army for 1250 pts. Would it be wise to put EotG or Bastiladon in it?
    I've also considered Ripperdactyl Riders. It's very hard to decide what would be the best for start, to learn Seraphon mechanics and tricks.

I also have starter with 2x Start Collecting boxes, and skinks. In addition to that I have Eternity Warden and Skink Priest. I'm going to buy Astrolith Bearer and Skink Starpriest but I really would like to bring some big beasts as they are the reason I picked Seraphons. I love big ancient beasts :)

Last edited: Jan 7, 2020
  7. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

EotG is great in low point games. the bastiladon is harder to fit in as it can't bring in bodies but i like to play at least 1 it's just a fun model

TheLibr4rian likes this.
  8. TheGreatDerpyOne
    Skink

TheGreatDerpyOne Member

Heyo, don't know if you're still looking for something nice in 1250pt summoning
    Definitely balewind, chronocogs, slann, a starpriest(or other wizard)
    Add an astrolith if you can because his buffs are epic (what, +1 to casting to help with those endlesses and reroll ANY failed hit rolls within 8"?)

As for battleline, I really like having saurus guard with rerollable saves from having 2 or 3 skink priests, but that's my 2k list, so it doesn't all have to fit in.

I do recommend a bastiladon though - with the zappy lazor he's a decent ranged thing that just ignores rend, it's the friendliest cow you've ever seen (imagine that thing mooing) anyways, in my case bastiladons have always been a great distraction due to their epic saving (rerollable with priests yes) and their damage output will make them a target while your slann gets +2 spell slots from those endless spells.

if you want to go heavy on summoning, you can get an EOTG - or even 2
    personally I don't add them because I prefer to turn the points into priests, endless spells, and an oldblood on carnosaur so I can get rid of my command points in a way that I don't feel is a waste.

if you have some big painful dinos and saurus up front, consider dumping points into as big of a skink unit as you can get, because their boltsplitters (+ reroll hits from astro) have saved me on several occasions (wiping a small or damaged unit before taking a point or just pushing over a wounded hero)

I hope this helps
    if not, whoops - just don't take my word and buy all the models only to then find it doesn't work for you.

May Sotek guide you :p

9. NorthernLizardLord
    Skink

Hey TheGreatDerpyOne,

Thanks for the tips! I have another 1250pts tournament coming up, and I'm thinking of adjusting my original list to include an EOTG or Bastiladon. The dino's are just amazing centerpieces on the table, so the more I can fit in, the better. I'll be making a second list tonight or tomorrow, which I'll make a new post for. Would love to get some more of your feedback!

Thank you