1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Need help building an army

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by SirSalabean, Jun 1, 2017.

Tags:
  1. SirSalabean
    Jungle Swarm

SirSalabean New Member

Hi all, i'm new to age of sigmar and i have gone for the seraphon. I've got the start collecting box to which I've made the saurus old blood on carno, the knights have an alpha knight, war drum, and stardrake icon bearer, then 5 knights with celestite blades ( I thought they would be a safer option due to the 3+ hit ). Then i have the warriors with the Alpha, icon, wardrum, and the rest have clubs. From here i am not too sure what to get, i'm not on a limited budget as ill build over time, however i was thinking a point limit of 1500 - 2000. The terradons look cool, and so do all the behemoths, from what i know the bastiladon is a gem but i'm pretty clueless to be honest. Please help, many thanks

Captaniser and Ritual like this.
  2. Gunakin
    Skink

Gunakin New Member

As you bought Start collecting box and made Oldblood on Carnosaur.

Let's start from this point.

Best battalion that can build base on stuffs you have IMO is Bloodclaw Starhost.

It's all about stacking command abilities so you should max out your leader slot with Saurus Heroes and set Oldblood on Carnosaur as General

Bloodclaw Starhost consist of

1 Saurus Oldblood
    3 Saurus Heroes in any combination
    3-9 units of Saurus Warrios, Guard, or Knights

Abilities
    +1 to all jaw and shield attacks.
    Heroes in the Starhost can use their command ability provided they are within 20" of the Oldblood.

With only one start collecting box is not enough to build this battalion since it's required 3 units of Saurus.

So I would recommend you to buy another Start collecting box and 1 Knight box and make Carnosaur into Scar-vet, 4 Scar-vet on Coldone.

You will have

1 Oldblood on Carnosaur
    1 Scarvet on Carnosaur
    4 Scarvet on Coldone
    20 Knights
    24 Warriors

Now you can make Solid list like this for just 85+85+35 = 205$

Allegiance: Order
    Saurus Oldblood on Carnosaur (320)
    Saurus Scar-Veteran on Carnosaur (260)
    - Warblade
    Saurus Scar-Veteran on Cold One (100)
    20 x Saurus Knights (480)
    - Blades
    10 x Saurus Warriors (100)
    - Clubs
    10 x Saurus Warriors (100)
    - Clubs
    Bloodclaw Starhost (100)

Total: 1760/2000

And for rest of points you may use it into whatever model you like maybe reduce Knight into 15 and add Balistadon or Slann.

Hope this will help.

SirSalabean and Ritual like this.
  3. Seraphage
    Stegadon

Seraphage Well-Known Member

This is a very good suggestion as it will be really low on budget and there is some pure synergy down this list A Bastiladon is always gold but 300p won't fit to the list suggested. Slann wouldn't be of any help at this particular list in my opinion as he can be useful but only if you build a list around him and this list is a skink oriented list.
    I would go for 2 x5 chameleon skinks which are one - if not the most - mobile / useful units of our army. ( you can also check my battle reports at the battlereport section to see some of their action ) !

SirSalabean, Captaniser and Ritual like this.
  4. SirSalabean
    Jungle Swarm

SirSalabean New Member

Thanks guys! that really helps me get an idea around it! So just curious are the Kroxigor and ripperdactyls good? they look cool but not sure how theyd fit in

5. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Most people love Rippers it seems, I like Terradons better since they can also do ranged combat. Both are good units for sniping and/or harassment, especially as part as a Shadowstrike Starhost.
    Kroxigor are pretty OK against hordes of enemies attacking and have a little synergy with Skinks running, so yeah, Krox are nice. I like them. :)