1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Need help. Escalation battles 500 - 750 with a some in house rules.

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Zeke, Jan 29, 2019.

1. Zeke
    Skink

Zeke Member

So I am looking for some advice on what to add going from 500 to 750. My original plan was to go for a summon list at higher points, and realized I roped myself into a tough situation. By not optimizing my 500 list As far as the rules go, they are as follows:
    1. Each escalation battle must contain the same units as used in the previous battle.
    2. Lower point lists must contain at least 1 battle line and 1 hero.
    3. No behemoths until 1000 points.
    4. No battalions or endless spells until 1500 points.
    5. At 1500 reset army list.

With those rules listed I was wondering what you guys recommend to add to the following. Oh also playing 3 way battle against Stormcast and Mortal Nurgle.

General (Can be changed)
    Saurus Sunblood - 120 points
    • Trait: Thickly Scaled Hide (Can be changed)
    • Artifact: Coronal Shield (Can be changed)
    Skink Priest - 80 points

Battlelines:
    5 x Saurus Guard - 90 points
    5 x Saurus Guard - 90 points

Other:
    5 x Chameleon Skinks - 120 points (This is where I think I went wrong, but it has to stay. Also nice for grabbing objectives)

Total - 500 points

I have two options so far. Each one shy of max so I can add Slann at 1000.

1. Eternity Warden (140 points) and 5 x Saurus Guard (90 points) - Total 730 - adds 12 wounds
    2. Skink Starpriest (80 points), 2 x Razordons (80 points), 1 x Salamander (40 points) (would like to do 3 Razordons, but alas I only have 2), and Skink Handlers (40 points) - Total 740 Points - adds 16 wounds
    I would like to say Thank you in advance to anyone who takes the time to read this or help out. I also look forward to hearing some other possibilities

Thank you!

2. Wilhelm Stürmer
    Ripperdactil

Wilhelm Stürmer Well-Known Member

I would recommend always going for more bodies. Also, Razordons can do some work and have the great ability of being able to shoot directly after a LoS&T port on them. Finally, I really feel the Starpriest is indispensable as his unique spell is very powerful.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
  3. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

Definitely the second one. Having more bodies in the way always helps. In terms of the sunblood general, while a nearly unkillable general is definitely cool, in a game there may be better options. You should totally keep the coronal shield, but drop the thickly scaled hide and replace it with either disciplined fury or mighty war leader. Other than that I would say your line up is pretty good.

Oh and when you get enough points get a carnosaur, it just makes everything better :D

4. Zeke
    Skink

Zeke Member

Thanks for the input guys. Much appreciated.

Lizerd likes this.