1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Need help VS Death

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by PhoenixXero, Feb 19, 2019.

1. PhoenixXero
    Jungle Swarm

PhoenixXero New Member

Hey guys, first post here and I need help VS the strong death meta in my local game store.
    Most lists are built around Nagash and Morghasts, but soon I'll play a Sacrament list with Arkhan, Mortis Engine and Vampire on Zombiedrake.
    I have access to:
    Slann, Skink Star priest and Priest, engine of gods, Scar Vet on Carno or cold one, Astrolitg
    Skinks, 6 Ripperdactyls, 2 Bastiladons, Saurus Knights
    And also a knight incantor and everblaze meteor.
    We're playing with realms and realm artifacts etc.
    Hope you can help me :)

LizardWizard likes this.
  2. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

I tend to say Shadowstrike.
    Full force on the enemy heroes, and play the objectives with Skinks.

I play Death myself and the Shadowstrike and maybe the Thunderquake are the lists that would make me sweat a bit.

3. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

What point ranges are you playing at? Also, out skink your opponents skeletons/Chainrasp:D Tie them up with one unit and score objectives with the others.

Nagash with realm spells is frankly stupid and horribly unbalanced. GW really needs to tone down the power of death. +3 casting should not be a thing. Or it should only be when casting spells from the lores of death.

4. PhoenixXero
    Jungle Swarm

PhoenixXero New Member

We're mostly playing at 2000 points, and yes +3 to cast is really... Annoying.
    I used a Shadows trike in my last game and threw the Rippers at Nagash but he sadly survived with 3 wounds and I had nothing to finish him off. Normally I take Bastiladins with the sun beam but lately they just disappoint with an average of 5 attacks :/

5. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

Yep, Bastiladons can be pretty swingy. And they are so expensive points wise that you can't afford for them to under preform for a round.

Playing against death is really about playing against the board. You have to get an early lead on objective and you have to cover their grave sites are best as you are able. Normally when I play with Shadowstrike Starhost vs LoN I will actually hold my Ripperdactyls back to force them to leave a few units in their back field for a turn or two. This has stung me once, but learning how to find your windows of opportunity is crucial for playing Seraphon vs the current tournament armies.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
  6. forlustria
    Ripperdactil

forlustria Well-Known Member

Big unit of skinks is great. In a recent tournament I didnt play against death but I used a great tactic.

Teleport a block of 40 skinks with javlins (hopefully with a 5 or 6 to move after) place then 9 away from an enemy unit on an object. Now if your able to move them use their 8 inch move to get just outside of 3 inches.
    Shoot them and then charge. Now wary fighter them out of combat but in such away that you have the skinks 3+ inches away from enemy but more models with 6 of the objective

MackiMac, Crowsfoot and LizardWizard like this.