1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Need help with first list, 1000 points.

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by DarkMatter, Jan 11, 2017.

1. DarkMatter
    Skink

DarkMatter New Member

I recently joined a group that plays AoS and they are running a 1000 point Games Day in March that I would like to have a fully painted army for. So with the rate at which I am painting I need to get working on the units I want to use, not just what looks cool on the shelf.

Here is the list I came up with using the units I have almost done and/or was looking forward to painting. Having played very little I am unsure which units and combos I should focus on with only 1000 points. I just built around what I was already painting, warriors are there because I felt I needed double the bodies over the guard. Also I really like the Bastiladon but it is really expensive at 300 points, still worth taking?

Saurus Oldblood (100)
    - General
    - Suntooth Maul
    Skink Priest (100)
    - Priestly Trappings
    Saurus Warriors x 20 (200)
    - Spears
    Saurus Guard x 5 (100)
    Chameleon Skinks x 5 (120)
    Salamanders x 1 (60)
    Bastiladon (300)

Total: 980/1000

Here is what I currently own.
    Painted:
    Oldblood on foot
    Saurus Guard x 15
    Salamanders x 2
    Bastiladon (Still working on)

Built/Primed:
    Skinks x 30
    Saurus Warriors x 25
    Saurus Knights x 7
    Kroxigors x 3
    Chameleon Skinks x 5
    Stegadon
    Ripperdactyls x 3
    Salamanders x 3
    Scar Veteran on Coldone
    Skink Chiefs x 2
    Skink Priest
    Skink Starpriest

Not built:
    Oldblood on Carnosaur
    Saurus Warriors x 12
    Saurus Knights x 8
    Saurus Sunblood

I also like the idea of using this list below because of the model count, but them I'm also worried because of the model count.

Saurus Scar-Veteran on Carnosaur (260)
    - General
    - Warblade
    Saurus Knights x 5 (120)
    - Lances
    Saurus Knights x 5 (120)
    - Lances
    Saurus Knights x 5 (120)
    - Lances
    Bastiladon (300)
    Firelance Starhost (60)

Total: 980/1000

Bowser likes this.
  2. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

The second one is a strong list, but I like the way your first list plays, gives you a lot of options and outs.

DarkMatter likes this.
  3. DarkMatter
    Skink

DarkMatter New Member

Nice, Thanks I will stick with the first one for now since I have a decent amount of work into those units. Once I get the Warriors, Chameleon Skinks and Priest painted up I'll start working on all those Knights for the Firelance Starhost option.

Bowser likes this.
  4. DarkMatter
    Skink

DarkMatter New Member

I played the first list against Sylvaneth Friday. Was a brutal game, I will stick with the list just might want a Starpriest over a Priest.

Spirit of Durthu (400)
    - Trait: Master of Defense
    - Artefact: The Oaken Armour
    Branchwych (100)
    Dryads x 10 (120)
    Dryads x 10 (120)
    Kurnoth Hunters x 3 (180)
    - Greatswords
    Total: 920/2000

Turn 1: I moved up as far as I could with everything but the Bastiladon who I just moved into range and did 2 wounds to Durthu. Now I know this was a big mistake because my opponent won the roll for turn 2 and Spirit of Durthu started to beast everything.

Turn 2: With good charge rolls everything was in combat. Durthu with Wych in tow and the Dryads into my Guard who were backed up by the Priest. Hunters and Dryads into my Warriors who left thier Oldblood behind because his slow ass rolled a 1. Durthu killed my Skink Priest with shooting and all the Guard in the first combat. One attack got through and did 6 damage. The Warriors did work on some Dryads and injured a Hunter. Only to piss off the Hunters who slayed 12 in return, a few lost to Dryads and the rest ran away on a 6.

My Turn 2: The Oldblood shit himself at this point and ran back towards the center where my Bastiladon is staring down all the trees. Shooting from the Basti did nothing to Durthu with his crazy save. The salamander though burnt up some Dryads and between the shooting, burning, combat and battleshock finished them off. The chameleon skinks came in one some terrain towards his objective he left unguarded and killed a Hunter and 1/2.

Turn 3: Opponent won roll off and healed Durthu to full which gave him the strength to charge the Bastiladon and kill it. I saved 1 of 3 and 12 wounds wrecked him. Remaining Dryards got into the Oldbloods face only to be chopped up. The Hunters made a nice charge and the skinks got trampled. The Wych charged the Salamander and did 1 or 2 wounds to each other.

My Turn 3: With only the Oldblood and the Salamander left it was over, so I just ran the Oldblood away from the unkillable Durthu near my objective and towards the Hunters. Salamander ended up killing the Wych with a wound remaining.

I won the turn 4 roll and my remaining Lizards did nothing. The Salamander missed and the the Oldblood made his charge did 0 wounds and took 2 or 4 back. Then Durthu blasted the Salamander to death and the Hunters finished off my Oldblood to end the game.

Bowser likes this.
  5. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Yeah, they're tough, but you dir have some success, so not a total write off! Small tweaks and you can even it up.