1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Don't have enough monsters? Or just want to show off your painting skills. Why not try entering the Monster Mash! - Click here for more info.
    Dismiss Notice

AoS Need some advice on my first Seraphon list! :)

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by mob232, Dec 8, 2018 at 11:40 AM.

1. mob232
    Jungle Swarm

mob232 New Member

Hey together,
    I jumped in to AoS recently and choose the Seraphon. First thing I bought was the SC Box and decided to go with the Oldblood on Carno.Now there is that nice Christmas Box with a huge money save and I'm thinking about grabbing it around christmas. My goal is a 1500p list, because thats the local meta at my store. I also will face my brothers work in progress bloodbound at 1500!
    I decided to go with a summoning heavy list, I like the versatility and that I will be able to play all the units I will get along the road without the need of integrating everything in a set list.
    I'll also buy an Astrolith Bearer and of course a Slann early next year. So now that you know what I got, here is the first idea:

++ **Pitched Battle** (Order - Seraphon) [1490pts] ++

+ Leader +

Saurus Astrolith Bearer [160pts]

Saurus Oldblood on Carnosaur [260pts]

Skink Starpriest [80pts]

Slann Starmaster [260pts]

+ Behemoth +

Bastiladon [280pts]: Solar Engine

+ Battleline +

Saurus Knights [90pts]: 5 Saurus Knights, Celestite Lance

Saurus Warriors [100pts]: 10 Saurus Warriors, Celestite Spear

Skinks [120pts]: 2x 10 Skinks, Boltspitters and Moonstone Clubs

+ Other +

Ripperdactyl Riders [140pts]: 3 Ripperdactyl Riders

I know there are not that many units I'll be able to summon at the start, but I got the Troglodon, some Terradons and my possibilities will grow when I got some more units.
    I would be happy if you got some useful tips for a new player, maybe some better ideas for my list and what to buy next. I'm not really set on summoning if it isn't viable that early, so if it would be better to go with a more conventional list at the start I could also do that. I'm just kind of unsure and a absolute noob to AoS.

Greetings and thank you for your help! :)

Paradoxical Pacifism likes this.
  2. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning

Welcome!

As for your list: it is a bit of a mixed bag, but I think that it will enable you to learn the game and you can develop from there.

LizardWizard likes this.
  3. LizardWizard
    Troglodon

LizardWizard Well-Known Member

Welcome to AoS and Lustria Online!

You've got a good start to your army. The bundle is a fantastic buy. Many stores were not alloted their requested want numbers on the Bundles. I would grab one sooner rather than later.

You might rather run your regular Skinks Pirest as a Skink Starpriest. Summon Starlight is extremely powerful. Especially vs most Chaos armies who do something extra on a 6+ to hit. Lowering their hit by one will rob them of their explosive affect.

4. mob232
    Jungle Swarm

mob232 New Member

Thanks for your replies!
    So a Starpriest it will be! My local store doesn't even have the boxes in stock, so I need to order it anyways.^^
    What do you mean with mixed bagß

LizardWizard likes this.
  5. LizardWizard
    Troglodon

I assume he meant your list was a bit all over the place. You have a few Warriors, a few Knights, a few Skinks. Normally you only see Warriors in Fangs of Sotek, Knights in Fire Lance, ect. There is nothing wrong with a 10 man unit of Saurus Warriors. However, don't expect them to win trades against more than enemy chafe units.

At 1500 there is a good chance no one will be running battalions and most of Seraphons meta are battalion centered. If you want to check at the four competitive battalions they are as follows: Shadowstrike Starhost, Thunderquake Starhost, Fangs of Sotek, and Dracothion's Tail.

tom1017 likes this.
  6. mob232
    Jungle Swarm

mob232 New Member

Hmm, maybe I should try to go with a Shadowstrike while maintaining a somewhat summoning focused core. Could this work? I at least would have the flyers and a core of 20 skinks.

LizardWizard likes this.
  7. LizardWizard
    Troglodon

Yep, Summoning list are complemented well by Shadowstrike. They are able to replenish your glass cannon Ripperdactyls.

8. mob232
    Jungle Swarm

mob232 New Member

Maybe a list including a Shadowstrike Battalion could look like this:

Saurus Astrolith Bearer [160pts]

Saurus Scar-Veteran on Carnosaur [240pts]: Celestite Greatblade

Slann Starmaster [260pts]

+ Behemoth +

Troglodon [160pts]

+ Battleline +

Saurus Warriors [100pts]: 10 Saurus Warriors, Celestite Spear

+ Battalion +

Battalion: Shadowstrike Starhost [580pts]: Skink Starpriest
    . Ripperdactyl Riders: 3 Ripperdactyl Riders
    . Skinks: 2x 10 Skinks, Boltspitters and Star-bucklerss
    . Skinks: 10 Skinks, Boltspitters and Star-bucklers

Carno and Troglodon could, together with the skinks, be played agressive, delay the enemy and make room for my sommoning, while still being lethal and a threat which needs to be dealt with. Warriors just fill the third battleline slot, maybe I could use them to screen the slann until I can get more skinks.
    I also could cut the Troglodon, play 6 Ripperdactyls and keep it as a summoning option later in the game.

LizardWizard likes this.
  9. LizardWizard
    Troglodon

3 more Rippers is stronger than a Trog. I love the trog model, but sadly he is lack luster on the table. The Troglodon makes for a solid summoning option though. If his spit causes damage in the shooting phase you have good chance of making his charge.