1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Need some help identifying model from Seraphon army I bought

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Nielspeterdejong, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Nielspeterdejong
    Terradon

Nielspeterdejong Well-Known Member

So for a very long time I had been meaning to try out Warhammer, ever since I saw those "cool dinosaur models" when I was a kid and buying Magic cards. Recently, I came across this offer: http://www.marktplaats.nl/a/hobby-e...651fa109c354bbabe740c1b&previousPage=lr&pos=1 and I bought it, but without the 2 Kroxigors. It did contain a fully metal Slan, and the Saurus warriors and the blue Skinks and the Ripperdactyl were also metal. In addition, I bought 24 Saurus warriors and 8 cold ones from him, along with the Seraphon starting pack I ordered online. So that I could have a good army. I'll also add some more Terror dactyls and some large monsters and Kroxigors. So that once I"m done painting all the new models with my little brother, we can start playing in Amersfoort or Utrecht :) (or close by to that).

However, I was wondering if anyone could identify why the Ripperdactyl had two Skinks on his back? I know it's a old model, but is he like a special unit.

The guy with the cool skull on his head, and the custom yaguar cloak and feather shield is a custom made unit, which he used as the Saurus sunblood hero https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Warscrolls/aos-warscroll-saurussunblood-en.pdf (old standard saurus hero model I think, along with custom made parts). He always played it as a Sunblood and nobody had a problem with it. I believe I should also be able to use him as a sunblood right?

2. spess
    Cold One

spess Well-Known Member

To be honest it's hard for me to tell from the link posted -- I can only see a thumbnail of the army unless I'm missing something. Do you have any close up pictures that you can post?

Best guess from the description the dactyl might be a conversion? As far as the sunblood, you should be just fine fielding it as such. Most games when you have a custom character like that you can probably pass it off as any character that shares a similar visual profile (e.g he could also count as a scar vet, but not a skink priest or slann)

3. Nielspeterdejong
    Terradon

Nielspeterdejong Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm thinking off putting him in there as a sunblood for the mace and shield, and just buying a eternity warden :)

4. tom ndege
    Skar-Veteran

tom ndege Well-Known Member

5th edition terradons came with two riders... If it's metal, I guess it's one of those...

spess and Gogery like this.