1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Need to kill some rats.

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by MinhoAbernathy, Dec 10, 2018.

1. MinhoAbernathy
    Saurus

MinhoAbernathy Member

So whenever I play a game with my usual AoS buddy (who only has skaven) we do an all out right to the death last man standing scenerio. He ALWAYS wins. When we rarely do objectives I can sometimes win but not by much. I need some tactics and a lizard list for anti-skaven. My monsters always get tar-pitted and those tar pits are crazy powerful especially the Giant Rats who get bonuses to their hit rolls for each 10 models they have and the Plauge Censor Bearers who get 3 attacks each on charge. Dont even get me started on the Stormfiends because he always equips them with 1 grinder fists and 5 warp fire projectors so they can come up anywhere from underground and deal 10d3 MORTAL wounds to anything. Anyway, please help!

I have...
    Basti
    Carno
    Slann
    Kroak
    15 Knights
    30 Warriors
    20 Skinks
    5 Chameleon Skinks
    Trog
    3 Terradons
    15 Guard
    EotG
    Oldblood
    Sunblood
    Priest
    Starpriest
    EWarden
    Astrolith
    3 Kroxigor

2. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

Seraphon are one of the strongest armies for objectives and one of the weakest for death match. Are you guys playing with matched play points or any other method to balance the game?

Ecozh likes this.
  3. MinhoAbernathy
    Saurus

MinhoAbernathy Member

We do play with points but maybe it's just strategy I'm lacking in?

LizardWizard likes this.
  4. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

There isn't much strategy in just crashing one army into the other. The game is balanced around battleplans, if there are not battle plans than even in matched play it isn't really balanced. Most of Seraphon's strength is in our ability to tie up units and control the board just long enough to secure a Victory Points lead. At events I am normally pretty close to tabled by the end, but I win because of the victory points. I have even won a major victory with no models left on the table. My opponent wanted the moral victory to we finished round 5 even though it was impossible for him to gain enough VP. If your friend is playing a competitive Skaven list and you guys are just only playing kill games then I am not sure you can do much.

Your best option would be to go Double-Lazer-Bastiladon Thunderquake Starhost and just castle. With the models you currently own you will have a hard time cleaning up a fast moving horde army before they overtake you.

Ecozh likes this.
  5. Putzfrau
    Skar-Veteran

Putzfrau Well-Known Member

Age of Sigmar, IMO, should not be played without using one of the 18 battle plans available to you. A fight to the death is never going to favor Seraphon.

LizardWizard likes this.
  6. MinhoAbernathy
    Saurus

MinhoAbernathy Member

Thanks guys. I will make sure we use a battleplan every game from now on.

Putzfrau and LizardWizard like this.