1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Need webcam help

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by Rikard, Nov 7, 2015.

1. Rikard
    Stegadon

Rikard Well-Known Member

So I had a dabble with my sony camera yesterday,

I had forgotten how smooth the film work on it can be, but if I'm going to be doing live sculpting sessions on twitch, I need a good HD webcam that will work best with macro filming, to pick up on the little details with miniature sculpting.

Trouble is there is sooooooo many options that I've got no idea what to look for or choose, does anyone have any help or advice for this?

The sooner I can get sorted, the sooner I can start uploading.

Thanks! :)

2. Nakai
    Saurus

Nakai Member

I just got this http://www.sony.com/electronics/handycam-camcorders/fdr-ax33 . its fantastic, super detailed close ups it has wifi so you can have the recording up on another screen so you can keep yourself in frame. its just awesome, little pricey but youll never need another camera as it does great photos as well.

3. Rikard
    Stegadon

Rikard Well-Known Member

I've got a decent Sony HD camera, but I really think it needs to be a webcam, that way I can simply upload directly on to my computer.

4. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Might be an idea to go on youtube and see if any console/pc gamers that do reviews recommend something in their comments, just a thought :)

5. tom ndege
    Skar-Veteran

tom ndege Well-Known Member

I don't know anything about webcams. But @Crowsfoot is right many bloggers do recommend equipment on their website.

6. Rikard
    Stegadon

Rikard Well-Known Member

Interesting...I'll have a look.

On the upside, I've decided which piece I will be turning into my first video tut.
    The not so upside, I'm almost completely re-doing Gor-rok from the ground up (excluding the head).