1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The April Poetry Contest has opened for voting! For more information, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

New 40k

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by Lord-Marcus, Apr 22, 2017.

1. Lord-Marcus
    Carnasaur

Lord-Marcus Well-Known Member

I circumvented the price of sisters by going to China and only gaming with friends when I use that arny

Ritual likes this.
  2. Padre
    Temple Guard

Padre Well-Known Member

Honestly, I'd just play it like the rest of them read. And if anyone complains, don't play them. Frankly, I doubt most players would even know that you are playing it wrong and most of those who do won't care.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2017
    Warden and Ritual like this.
  3. Lord-Marcus
    Carnasaur

Lord-Marcus Well-Known Member

exactly. If people think catachans bodies with pith helmeted heads can't count as mordians (closest to praetorians i can see in the IG stuff) then i won't play them.

Padre and Ritual like this.
  4. Fhanados
    Terradon

Fhanados Well-Known Member

I actually don't think it will be. I don't see anyone else in the Chaos community bothered enough by it to worry about questioning it.

For casual games I'll do this, but most games I play these days are at some kind of organised event, and most of them are pretty cut throat competitive where rules lawyers abound. Not bashing them, but it's the kind of thing where things like this actually matter. On the other hand I'll probably just use Death Guard for these things and won't have the keyword problem anyway.

Ritual likes this.
  5. Ritual
    Skink Chief

Ritual Well-Known Member

I haven't played in any actual tournaments, but the tournaments at the local GW - no one cares what you have on the table so long as you're consistent.

Might just be locally and the guys I happen to play with, but most people don't even mind WHAT is on the table so long as you're clear about it - I've played with a table full of dwarves pretending they're daemons before now.

Crowsfoot likes this.
  6. Fhanados
    Terradon

I don't find playing at the local GW to be an issue (granted I've only played there a handful of times), it's more that the other LGS in my area have a more competitive exactly-by-the-book slant which is where this can become a problem. I think 8th edition is fantastic if you have a relaxed attitude towards it, especially when it comes to making armies using Power instead of Points. Not having to struggle to keep up with the "new filth" is really helping me plod along with my army. I'm getting pretty close to completing a few models now, which is more than I've done in over a year!

Warden, Captaniser and Crowsfoot like this.
  7. Crowsfoot
    OldBlood

Crowsfoot Well-Known Member

Pics?

Warden likes this.
  8. Fhanados
    Terradon

Don't have any new pics at the moment. Although there's progress it's the kind of little stuff that won't really show until I do a few more layers/washes and whatnot. Got a new flesh recipe I'm trying out on my Poxwalkers too. I'll put up pics in the P&M forum when they're noticeably different than the last ones!

Captaniser likes this.